Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pizza Pizza


I was just giggling over the fact that I haven't heard the Little Ceasers guy say that for so long.

Anyhow, when I was finally getting over my cold last weekend, I came down with another very uncomfortable, and very annoying flu. Chills, aches, head pounding, stuffy nose, the whole works. Although I am actually breathing out of my nose now, I still feel a under the weather as a lot of us are at this time of year. I'm happy to be able to cook again, but I can only bring myself to make comfort foods. Yesterday it was corn chowder, and today I was in the mood for pizza. I love making, and especially eating, pizza. I usually make myself use at least half wheat flour in the crust, which takes some of the yumminess out of it, but I try to admit to myself that it's just as good. Today I did it. . .all white. It made our grilled chicken, spinach and goat cheese pizza just right, and the pizza stone gave it a nice crust. Pizza is awesome. It can be made so many different ways, and it can be as healthy or as bad for you as you want. As much of a fan as I am of using wheat flour I think I'll use it elsewhere. I did make pizza with a wheat biscuit crust not long ago, and it worked well for that. But for that chewy, thin, stringy cheese pizza that we all know and love, it deserves to be made in the traditional form. I saved half of the dough to be frozen and used for later use, but I think It's going to be used in the next day of two. I like trying different combinations of toppings. I'll tell you what we make next.

6 comments:

melody said...

Holy moly - I think I am craving that very piece of pizza.

Cami said...

nice job. Way to cave in!!

erika said...

I need some recipes from you! I am having a difficult time coming to grips with the fact that you truly might be the cook-off champion. And instead of fighting it, I think it would be best to embrace it! Good job on being my inspiration. (and I really do want your recipes!)

Matt said...

That that looks looks yummy yummy.

I'm glad you're finally feeling better. Sickytimes is the pits!

Amber said...

That looks so good, but I'd have to not tell the kids that I used goat cheese! Also, Katy has missed a week of school, Jordan 2 days, and Jillian 2 days-I've had it with the sick business! I hope you are doing better. It's not fair to be sick again so soon...

Unknown said...

Being sick is so miserable. Designed to help you appreciate being well. The pizza sounds yummy. Ok by me to use goat cheese. mmmm.