Wednesday, December 05, 2007

For crying out loud

First thing I heard when I turned on the news this morning was of the schools that are either closing early, or are completely closed today. Now, the only thing that is making this happen in the threat of snow. There might be some dust in the air, right now, but that's all. And, they are only expecting 1-2 inched accumulation all day. This would never happen in Utah. But maybe it's for the best since when I was watching the traffic report, many major roads are backed up with crashes from the light dusting. Come on, people! I'm excited for a little wintery snow to fall on us, but I'm not looking forward to the people that freak out and get in accidents in the freeway. I know all kids must be excited. I think I had one snow day growing up, and it was 2 feet or something like that.

7 comments:

Cami said...

True, true. Luckily, our schools were NOT canceled OR closing early, which is very surprising. I really expected it. But it is not really sticking to the roads, so I guess that's why. Also, I saw some salt trucks out and about. Still, give me a break. One flake and everything shuts down.

emilie s. d. p. said...

My senior year of high school in Kansas there was a terrible ice storm and we got the three days before Christmas break off. It was wonderful, it made the break feel so much longer!
I totally agree though, there's nothing good about maniacs on the road that don't know how to drive in a few flurry's.
p.s. too bad about the couches, i was hoping i'd be able to find them out here. i'll have to keep my eyes open for a good reclining chair.

emilie s. d. p. said...

and by couches i meant that one brown chair.

Sarah said...

What?!? It isn't like Maryland never gets snow! Crazy. I remember, in my 15 years of living in Utah of ONE snow day. And I was actually disappointed because we got one day shorter on our spring break. Funny.

Lili and Jeff said...

I remember that snow day! there was drifts in our front yard up to my thighs! We made an awesome snow fort with buckets! that is insane they are so sensitive.

Tracie Frost said...

I called Marcia Jackson the day it snowed and when Eva heard me talking to her about it, she cried to go back to Cheverly. (I cried too) Don't you just love Cheverly in the snow?? Even if it's just snow "dust"!

Amber said...

Brother, it hasn't stopped snowing here for 2 days. I wish that would cancel school, but NO!