Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Can it really be?!

Is it possible that I am actually using the Internet in the comfort of my own home on my favorite spot on the couch? Yes, it is true. After a long morning of servicemen coming in and out (first the plumber to fix the garbage disposal that has been backed up for days making is very hard to do dishes or even cook, then the Comcast guy) I am finally alone in my little abode enjoying my freedom to surf wherever my little heart desires. Last night a few minutes after the guy called and said he was coming to install, we received another call on his behalf saying he couldn't make it and what was the next time we could have someone come by. That was the last straw. I mean, I was trying to hold in my feelings, but I just said, " This is getting ridiculous. This is the third attempt to have it installed, and we've called countless times. It has to be in tonight!" And her snooty reply was, "Ma'am, he will not be there tonight", and something or other about his supervisor taking him off our job to help with something else. I guess he was trying to expedite our services by giving us his direct line so we didn't have to start from scratch since he had already come over and known our situation. I don't think the supervisor cared about the nice guys favors. He was going to install it on Sunday because he wanted to help us as much as he could, but we gave him Sunday off if we were promised to have it on Monday. So I think he probably felt bad, thus someone else called on his behalf. Anyway, I couldn't talk to the mean lady anymore because I was too angry. I gave KC the phone, he calmly chatted, asked for some kind of credit for all that we've been through and got a measly 20 bucks out of her. They chatted about the times that he would come and ended the conversation graciously. Better than I would do, I'm ashamed to say. He actually got here at about 11:15. The allotted time was 8-11, so for their reputation, that is pretty close to on time.

What a saga. Well, I'm hoping things are all back to normal. We do have a few changes coming up with our living situation, but it's a long story and I have a lot to do with my Internet back up, so I'll tell it later.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Hooray! That kinda stuff really boils the blood huh? Nesmith was right. People are just no darn good.

Cami said...

Finally! Oh, it's horrible. I hate those service dudes. Rude.

Woods said...

They are so annoying!! I'm so glad it's finally over and that you're blogging again!!

Drew said...

Yay, you're back online! I am like you, when it's been too long for something like that, I can't be trusted to my emotions, I get way too impatient. Well, now you can go to my blog and read the drama that's been going on there!

Eurgh, I HATE when your personal internet doesn't work... What a dependence I have!