Thursday, December 23, 2010

It was time.

My little Alex needed a haircut. Parts in the back were just getting too long for me. And as much as I loved his little wispy curls, they were usually just a fuzzy mess. The top, when uncombed (which, c’mon, is pretty much all the time) was nearly running into his eyes. It’s not like he was in dire need of a haircut or anything, it just needed a little cleaning up. So I strapped him in his booster, let him play with a comb (which he basically demanded), and with a constant supply of veggie straws, we had the job done within 10 minutes. He was a bit squirmy, so it’s not perfect, but I want him to keep his baby look anyway. I didn’t want to go too short, or too even, so think this is just right for now. Bennett’s isn’t as long as Alex’s was, so he can wait on a trim. But now we are faced with the occasion conflict of telling the two apart on first glance, since the hair was always a dead giveaway. Of course, we can always tell who’s who within a few seconds, but sometimes when they are wearing the same thing, I have to take a second look, and that bit of hair really made a difference. Good thing Alex is a pound or so ahead of Bennett, or else we’d really be in trouble.

So, I consider this a big day, giving my oldest son his first of many haircuts. I wasn’t overly-emotional about it or anything, but it was a little tender. I don’t like that they are growing up so fast. But I do love how they make me laugh more and more everyday, so I guess I’ll be okay.

Some before shots:IMG_8038IMG_8040IMG_8047IMG_8052

A few little snips:IMG_8053IMG_8054IMG_8055

And we’re done:

IMG_8061IMG_8068

These two were my little dust mops afterward. (Note to self, lock the extras in the playroom during haircuts.) Btw, Ruby thinks it’s the best thing ever to sit on anything that isn’t the floor. The ottoman lid, a placemat, a cardboard box, the little red floor chair, and in this case, her booster seat. We find her on these things several times a day. Funny girl. IMG_8080

Of course, I kept the first few snips and bagged and labeled them for his little keepsake box. IMG_8083

I realize I was a little picture happy during the small event, but what else is new?

*Please remember to look at the post below, and refer to it anytime if needed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a big boy!! He looks so handsome with his new do...it makes him look so much older. I love it!

And I always love your abundance of pics :)

House of Ophelia, Kamtun said...

From every little action of yours, I can see the tremendous and tender love, which of course is natural in All mothers, oozing from you. It is quite something looking after a baby but to triple the occasion, is certainly quite a feat. I lift up my hat to you for doing a tremendous job and loving every tender moment. Wish you and your family a Blessed and Happy Christmas & NY and may the Love of Christ be spread among your family,yr frens and of course your vast amount of Followers here. God bless.

Janice said...

He's looking like a little boy - no more baby!
Love Ruby in the booster.
You can never post too many pics in my opinion. I love them all.

Cami said...

You MUST document the first haircut! I actually didn't take any of Jane's, because you can't really tell a difference (well, I can, and I even cried a little) and the only reason I cut it is because she ALWAYS sits down and asks for one when the boys are getting theirs. silly. Thought I'd even it out. Now it doesn't look like baby hair.

ANYwho, he looks darling. And Ruby is funny. And yes lock them away! Although, I'll bet they did a good job of cleaning up.

melody said...

He looks darling! And what a good boy to sit so still during the cut.

That is hilarious about Ruby and how she likes to sit on everything. She is a funny girl. I knew she would be ever since she did that Peter Pan thing with her legs!