Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Thanks for coming.

The picture party is about to start. Alright babies, let’s show everyone a good time!

They have discovered how fun the piano can be. 095Though, there isn’t quite room for three at a time. Bennett didn’t last long on the edge of the piano bench. There was crying involved.011

Ruby likes to put random things on her head and continue to play as normal.017

Night-night is a new favorite game. Many times during the day, they’ll just lay on the ground and say, “Ooohhhh, night-night.” I like games where we all lay down and pretend to sleep. Unfortunately they aren’t as sleepy as they pretend to be.

A028058

Ruby feeding her baby before nap time.044040

B054035

 

They are more willing to wear their sunglasses than I thought they would be.003

Sometimes they even fall asleep with them on.005012Or having just taken them off.013

Always competing for my attention.029

Sometimes you just feel like lounging, ya know? 086091080098

The sharing is getting a little better lately. Just a little. 004

Post-bath yumminess.018

They thought they were pretty clever when I found them like this. I think we’re gonna need a bigger table.026028

Alex always finds new ways to entertain himself.039

041

I thought getting the ball pit out again would be a good idea, until they realized it was more fun to throw the balls outside the pool, than keep them inside it. 003

Everyday, they all bring me random shoes and insist that I put them on. This is how they ended up one day.  

A008B009R010

My shoes are part of the shoe obsession as well. Ruby gets SO mad when she can’t walk in them.078079

If you ever want to keep your toddlers entertained for a while, give them a flat of water bottles. They’ll end up all over the house, but they will also keep the kids quite for a good, long while. Bennett likes throwing them, and Alex likes lining them up. I find them lined up on the window ledge behind the curtains sometimes when I’m cleaning up. 038043044

I pulled out the play mat for a friend who came over with her baby. Of course, my babies thought it was for them, and played with it for days. They can still all fit!047

Ruby using her watermelon as a “hat”. She turns most of her food into a hat.057

060

Bennett resembles Linus a lot these days as he drags this blanket everywhere. Luckily, if he doesn’t see it, he doesn’t need it. But when it’s in sight, he doesn’t let it go. 087092

Reading is serious business over here. 036
042076Ruby can’t be bothered.074

Cousin Penny being her adorable self. She is looking at her mom through the window.033

She wears the pink hat with style.015

Cozy, Alex?085

My attempt at a ponytail. It only lasts about 2 minutes, but it’s fun to play.100102

I walked in to the room find that Ruby had done this all by herself. 002

Traffic jam.038

The bench cushion is the place to hang out these days.011036

Thanks again for joining us. We hope you enjoyed yourselves. See you next time!

6 comments:

Cami said...

It was a wonderful party for the wonderful babies. They are lovely hosts.

Janice said...

Yes! I love picture parties. I will watch again, and again. Such darlings.

Janice Graham said...

They are going to be great friends all their lives. What a lovely life and start you are giving them. Keep up the good work. I know it feels difficult a lot of the time. But it comes to pass too soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you take so many photos of your kids...and when they are older they will appreciate it, too. I babysit for lots of people and I'm always taking pics of their kids because they never seem to have enough time. It's great that you are recording their lives like this. They are only babies once. :)

Lili and Jeff said...

Picture party! My favorite (though, it is hard to choose) is the post bathtime, where they are all wrapped up on the floor, it's so precious! Where is the video of the piano playing? Is that for the movie party?

Sarah said...

So cute!