Monday, November 26, 2007

We've been Christmasified

The longer we live in this tiny space, the more we like to stretch the boundaries we thought were so tight when we moved in. We seriously thought there was hardly space for a couch and I have managed to add a bookshelf or two, a keyboard, an elliptical, and some other odds and ends. And we have somehow managed to squeeze yet another relatively large item. When Christmas came last year, we faced the facts thata sizable Christmas tree was out of the question since there really seemed like no possible place to put one. We ended up getting a 3 foot tree or something, and I didn't want to buy ornaments since we wouldn't be home for the actual holiday, so I used candy canes and ribbons and called it good. Well this year is different. I am tired of restrictions and so I'm breaking away from our pre-conceived notions of our little space. We have successfully placed a great smelling, 6 foot Balsam Fir tree in our apartment and I am so proud. I thought I was crazy thinking we could fit a real tree in here, but I'm so glad we did it anyway. I stocked up on some fun ornaments courtesy IKEA, and voila! It's officially Christmas! KC is in charge of the lights, and I place the ornaments. It makes me feel like a real grown up when I do grown up things like buying and decorating our very own tree.
Now I might actually be crazy thinking I can fit 15 or so ladies here for a Pampered Chef party I'm having on Thursday. There will be some major rearranging involved.

4 comments:

melody said...

I love the tree! Good work on picking it out. Hey, you fit Julia and me in there for four nights. You can do anything!

Cami said...

It's beautiful! I didn't ever get a tree when I was in apartments, so good for you. And don't worry about the party. I'll sit in the hallway if you need.

Woods said...

Oh don't you love the holidays? I love how we will make any arrangements for our christmas trees. We should of course, It's a tradition. I love your ornaments. CUTE!!

Sarah said...

Fun! I am sad we are not decorating for Christmas (moving on the 5th, leaving the 11th... doesn't make much sense).