Thursday, January 07, 2010

Breakthrough!

The babies lasted five whole hours last night without eating! 7pm to 12am and they were sleeping during most of that time. And then they woke up to eat about every 3 1/2 hours after that, but were mostly asleep until 7 am. Whoa. This is definitely a first. So I should be rested right? Well, I was so ready for one of them to wake up at any given moment, that is was hard for me to let myself relax. And as soon as someone else was taking over the night shift, I was so excited that they slept so long that I couldn't fall asleep for a while. Kinda defeats the purpose. I'm sure I'll have no problem taking advantage of nights like that in the future if they continue to occur. And something else new is that they are so happy in the mornings, all smiles and coos, and even a few giggles. I love seeing this new phase they're in. It can only get easier, right?

Also, I have been successful in arranging for them to have their Synagis vaccine here, and they will be getting little shots in their chubby legs today at 2:20 pm! What a relief. I made so many phone calls to so many different groups, I can't even count. I can't wait to see how much these chunks weigh. Alex has got to be 12 pounds. They are seriously in 3-6 month clothes already.

I'm still trying to find the time/energy to post a few things like:

Their blessing

First Christmas

New cousins

General cuteness

Etc.

We'll see if it ever really happens.

6 comments:

Drew said...

Yay! I was so worried when we left just before 11, but everyone seemed to be so nice and quiet, we thought it might last for a while anyway. Nice work! I'm sure you'll eventually be able to let yourself rest at the same time.

Lindsey said...

Horray! That is great news. I bet you will have mostly nights like that with a few random hiccups. I am so excited for you and them!

melody said...

Go, Babies!

I am excited for the "General Cuteness" posts.

Unknown said...

yeah babies! I hope they keep it up! Excited for future posts too of some pictures!!

Cami said...

YAY!

Tracie Frost said...

YIPEE!!


ps pls find time to post some pics :)