Saturday, January 02, 2010

Let the sleep training begin,

Yep. They are six weeks old (as if they were born on their due date) today, and according to Dr. Weissbluth, until now they weren't able to form any lasting sleep habits. Needless to say, I am excited that they are now eligible to learn a thing or two about sleeping through the night. I'm trying to be realistic knowing it might not happen as soon as we'd like, but I can at least be hopeful. Ruby already sleeps several hours during the night unassisted (she is SUCH and angel, that girl), but it's the boys that are going to need the strict routine and guidelines. Being preemies and triplets presents some unusual rules and challenges, but my drooping eyes are up for the task!

7 comments:

KasiaJ said...

Love that book. I didn't discover it until Mim was about 5 months old; I wish I had known earlier.

Hannah said...

Good luck!!! That book is my sleep bible.

melody said...

It may not be easy, but once a good nap schedule and better nights are in place, you will feel like a new person! Plus, knowing your babies are independently well-rested is such a happy relief. Patience is key, though. Trial and error too. You can do it! And so can the babies.

Unknown said...

yeah!! Good luck and I send you sleeping dust! I hope is doesnt take too long for you and those babies!

Sarah said...

Good luck. It is hard at first - but so worth it. I attribute part of Lou's sweet temperament to that book!

Tracie Frost said...

We adore sleep-trained babies and have trained all of ours. It is worth the time and patience!!

(On Eli, his reflux was so bad that we waited a long time to train him - I just never knew if he was up and crying because he was hurting or because he just wanted to keep us all awake! But once trained, man oh man is he a good sleeper!)

Shannon said...

My pediatrician recommended him, too, so good luck to you! Just read today's post and so far, so good, right? :) YOU DESERVE THE SLEEP!!!!!