Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011!

Collages2-1

It’s time for our Christmas card recap of the year! We didn’t leave a note on our Christmas card directing recipients to the blog this year, but just in case you came for our yearly update anyway, here it is!

It’s been another great year for the Robinson fam, full of all the ups and downs you can expect with three two-year-olds! The triplets, though keeping us extremely busy, have been so very delightful as well. This has been a big year for them! Their speech has really taken off, and they love to sing songs, and sometimes even on key. Right now they are constantly singing Christmas songs like Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, but they also love Old McDonald, the Alphabet song, anything on Signing Time, and The Numbers Rumba to name just a few. When they want to, they play together extremely well, and make each other laugh hysterically. But they also know how to push each other’s buttons, and mine! We’re working on it. Mostly, they are a cheerful, hilarious bunch. There’s never a dull moment around here. IMG_2277IMG_2009

We did a little traveling this year. We were thrilled to go on a Cruise with KC’s family in June. WITHOUT THE KIDS! It was a big step for me, to actually leave all my responsibilities in the hands of someone else. It was so hard to say goodbye to the little ones, but it was so worth it! My parents were so very kind to take on the task of babysitting, for which I am so grateful. KC’s parents were also amazing to take us all on the heavenly vacation. It was crazy to have zero baby responsibilities for four whole days. I‘m ready for another vacation any time!054

We also were so happy to be able to attend KC’s sister’s wedding in September! And thanks to her for making it right before the kids' birthday, we were able to get away with only buying three tickets instead of five! KC’s dad helped us with the flights, which was incredibly helpful. We loved seeing everyone in Utah. We stayed at my twin sister Melody’s house, and played with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents non-stop. And the wedding was gorgeous. Such a fun trip.

145

333954_2396231393342_1477689915_2834372_6544490_o

We had other numerous visits from family, which we always welcome. The kids are always excited to show off to new people, and I always love having others to help me keep them entertained!

We love having the Ribeiras live in the apartment downstairs. Cousin Penny just adds to the baby fun. And I’m so happy to have my sister to here to talk to, cook with, shop with, and all the other sisterly things we do together. 031

KC continues to work at the same firm as a Civil Engineer. He recently worked on a major project that took him to Hawaii. I was insanely jealous, but more than that, I was grateful to see him enjoy his work, and be given these great opportunities. He also got to spend some time with his sister Camille, who lives there. He is naturally a great father, and a very helpful husband, which he proves every day as he cleans up the toys, and shows never-ending patience with me. And that’s saying something!IMG_2345 

I have been keeping busy with the triplets, and the occasional me-time, when I go running, shopping, watch Law and Order, or most importantly, sleep. Mmmm, I love sleep.  I continue to LOVE my job as a mother to my sweet babies (yes, I know they are toddlers, just humor me), and although sometimes this job seems impossible, there is nothing else in the entire world I’d rather do.IMG_2403

We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in March, and couldn’t be happier with where those 5 years have taken us. Not in distance, since we’re still living in the same house we moved into when we got married, but with how our family, and love has grown. We’re very excited to see what adventures our many more years together will bring us.382854_10150458499771013_719516012_10831128_669045718_n166965_10150428320966013_719516012_10652138_1766282737_n

So that is our short and sweet recap. I’m grateful for this Christmas season, as it is a great time to reflect on what I try to keep in my heart throughout the year. That Christ was born to save us all. And that he loves and forgives me every day. We hope all of our friends, family, and any strangers that may stumble across this blog, also feel the love of Christ in their lives. Have a very merry Christmas, and the happiest New Year!IMG_3613

1 comment:

Janice Graham said...

Lovely! What a nice family. And sweet Christmas wish. We're so grateful. What a good job you and KC are doing.
Mom, Dad, and Grandma Julie