Saturday, March 31, 2012

Has it really been that long?

3 years ago, on the 30th of the 3rd month of the year, I found out I was having 3 babies. I couldn’t help but take this opportunity to write  a little reminiscent post with this anniversary upon us. 

So many thoughts were running through my head the days, and weeks, and months after learning that news, and I still can’t believe that I am actually living all the scenarios I had envisioned in my head. Okay, some of the things I pictured didn’t involve as much screaming, fighting, and crying (and I’m not just talking about the kids here), but what I had envisioned was the happiness, love, and pure sweetness that they would bring. And about those parts I was right on.

We have been having quite a few struggles around here, as I figure out how to deal with this age, among other challenges that life continues to present. Sometimes things just look bleak, and I don’t know how I can continue to do this job with any amount of success. But, when I am listening (sometimes it’s really just too loud to hear anything), the Lord often reminds me of the crazy and wonderful blessings I have in front of my eyes every day. I often remind myself of the great lengths we took to become parents, and it really does give me what I need to push through the most challenging moments. That, and the option of putting the naughty one in their crib and closing the door for a while. That’s been helping quiet a bit lately. 

I love these babies. They give me goose bumps when their beautiful faces meet mine and they show me those perfect little dimply smiles. I think they really do love me too. I know the hard times will continue on as they grow, but I hope and pray they continue to smile at me like that. The happy times, as few and far between as they seem sometimes, really do make it so, so worth it.

For fun, I made a little collage of all of my belly shots. I took one almost every week from 8-29 (I delivered at 30). I’m pretty sure I was holding the belly up in the last couple pictures. And it’s funny how the color of the hospital wall (in the last few pictures) is almost the same color ours at home. How I remember those rapidly expanding days. 2009_05_31-1

And this was my reward. Again, so worth it. 11-1-09 042

4 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

What a fun little graphic! To think, you were already that big at only 29 weeks... Also, a crazy coincidence with all those threes! We love all your babies with 3 times the love!

Sarah said...

To this day, I still cry when I picture you hearing those words on the phone. What an incredible day. I am so happy for your family of 5!

Janice said...

I can still get tears just thinking about those days and weeks. I am thrilled to be a grandma to those babies!

melody said...

That collage is awesome. I am trying to pick out how big I look right now.