Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Past Couple Months

Just a catch up post from January and February.

We wanted take the kids sledding for the first time, but I know my kids, and how finicky they are about the cold. We’d go somewhere, sled for five minutes and then one or two would whine and want to go home while the other one would want to keep sledding. So to avoid that annoyance, we decided to give the little hill on the side of our back yard a try. Turns out it was great fun. Now they look forward to it every time it snows. 024027030

All so thrilled to watch the new air popcorn popper we got for Christmas.042

We stopped doing baths all together a while ago. Just too much fighting and splashing and complaining about someone’s leg in their way. But for some reason, this morning they all hopped in. Reminded me of the good old days.059074016

She is the snuggliest girl.124

A classic FHE lesson. They actually paid attention on this occasion.128136141142

I can’t believe it took me this long to break out the ice cream ball!181

She gets herself ready and plays in the snow by herself quite often. Sometime I join her because I can’t stand the cuteness. 184189194197205

Bennett found my old first grade classes. Ha!237

This place has the most beautiful sunrises/sunsets. Can’t get enough. This is off of our deck.245

They really aren’t fans of the shower, but they’re warming up to it.251261

I still love my babies in their towels after a bath.278

Ruby completed a chart to stay in her bed after we tucked her in. She had her heart set on a tote bag she saw in a catalog, so we went shopping at Hobby Lobby and made one. She was so proud.299

It has been a long time since people fell asleep in the car.312

And then transferred to the bed. I miss nap time.313

The snow in our backyard takes a very long time to melt. Sometimes it’s warm outside, but they still have snow to play in. Best of both worlds, I guess.034036047056062065074

But a lot of times it’s still really really cold.078083086093

And after they like to warm up by the oddly placed fireplace.106

I think it was Bennett who made this play dough Mickey Mouse one day.108

S’mores.121

One one of those unseasonable warm Saturdays, we went to the park, and enjoyed every second of the sunshine. Not sure why they do this when I’m taking a picture.192200

It’s even hard for me to reach in that tub. She’s a great helper when she wants to be.216

We were matching so we thought we better take a picture before we went into church.224

KC had a Birthday! He turned 37! The kids and I thought up this cake together. Not exactly how I pictured, but the kids were pleased. He is our Super Dad.017

We went birthday shopping at the Dollar Tree, and KC loved the Angry Birds pen, pencil holder, and Spiderman yo-yo they picked out.030032038043

Chocolate cake, raspberry filling, and my favorite homemade raspberry Greek frozen yogurt. 047049

KC and Nicole have their birthdays one day apart. We celebrated with a Sunday dinner and Banana Cream Pie. KC’s choice. We love seeing the Wrights so often!316317

The obsession continues. 024

We had a super bowl party with friends planned. I was bringing nachos, but I couldn’t help but make these little peanut butter filled footballs for fun. I recruited KC to help me and called it a date. 021022Nowhere near perfect, but festive nonetheless.036152156

The paper we go through in this house!072088

One day I found Ruby eating a piece of buttered bread that I didn’t make for her. Love when they learn to do these things! 327

We tried to make the most of every sunny day this winter.330

We’ve been doing a babysitting swap with a group of friends. Every Saturday the kids are at someone else’s house while the other couple go out. We’ve been hitting the town more than ever with this brilliant arrangement! And spending more money, but that’s beside the point…345

Sometimes when it’s supposed to be a nice day, we make plans like pack a picnic, and drive to Loveland to eat it with the Wrights. Well, it was freezing, and the wind was blowing everything off the table. At least we still got to hang out with the Wrights!294300301

Mid-day snuggles in my bed.219

We just love having family so close by. We try to get together with KC’s Cousin Alicia and her family often (only 2 miles away!), and I love seeing our kids play together. This was an impromptu game of Simon Says when my kids were getting a little too rowdy. Worked like a charm.170176

One of my new favorite ice cream creations: Lemon cookies and cream with raspberry swirl. A good one for Easter.182

Loved seeing the tulips I planted last fall start to come up! My first ever, I think. They have been through many snow storms and still look great. Can’t wait to see them bloom!202

Feels so good to break out the bikes more often! The boys still love their tricycles, but hop on their new bikes now and then.208210

We ran out of milk for like three hours one day, and this boy had quite the tantrum. 259

We had our 8 Year anniversary! KC’s was a great little golf teacher, which I desperately needed. Love playing at the driving range. 294295304296308

Then we went to a place we’ve been meaning to try, Crave Burger. I really liked those fried pickles. So glad to have been married to him for 8 whole years!310312

I’ll be sad when they’re too old to take these bath pictures. They never get old. 349

There are always more random pictures to post, but I’ll save them for the next picture party. Until then!

4 comments:

Molly said...

I miss that we don't see you guys anymore;( I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! I miss our get togethers and your amazing food, but mostly being able to chat for hours on end;) I've GOT to take a trip out there!!

Janice said...

So many great pictures! and such memorable times! Such a sweet family.

Drew said...

This was a great photo update. That sledding hill looks perfect, and I love the throwback photo of your chubbies in the tubby.

Katie Fish said...

That sledding hill in your backyard is perfect!