Saturday, July 05, 2014

End of spring, beginning of summer.

Oh my. I am behind. I think I’m just going to admit that I am letting Instagram replace blogging a bit. While I can’t post everything I want there, it does cover a lot of the things that I want to document. I guess I just have to let blogging slide as I’m obviously too busy to keep up like I used to, which is weird because I blogged faithfully during the newborn triplet days. I guess easier, more convenient ways of recording ways have become available since then and I should just embrace it and not let myself worry about my absence on this little blogspot. And the kids are taking over the computer more these days. I’m sure I’ll be back here once or twice a month to fill in the cracks between instagrams.

Let’s see how much I can catch up on in one post without it getting ridiculously long. (Ha. yeah right.)

I was in a little Saturday running group led by a friend and we were training to run the BolderBOULDER together. I loved those morning runs, and loved the race even more! It is HUGE, 50,000 runners, and that many spectators. I was so grateful to have someone who’d done it before organize everything for us, and for our families to meet us there. We’d have been totally lost in the crowd otherwise! Such a beautiful Memorial Day race, and such awesome ladies.  018

My running buddy, Christina.020

The finish line.023

032

My cheerleaders035

We didn’t have any other holiday plans, so we hung with some of our favorite people, the Updikes. A Navajo Taco never tasted so good!044047

The kids had so much fun playing with worms. And then washing their hangs thoroughly before learning the amazingness of root beer floats. 050

I found an awesome bike at a consignment store, and couldn’t wait to take the kids on a little bike ride together. Well, turns out it was not as fun as it sounded and the kids were wither whining because they were in the back, or freaking me out because they were too far ahead. Once we made it to the little park, we relaxed for a bit. It was good to be home again. Seeing these pics makes me think of a few good memories we took from it. 002004009012013016017021

It’s pretty hot these days, and when we’re not at the pool with our friends, we blow up this one and turn on some sprinklers. It keeps those crazy kids happy and cool. 046049059072080084

The swing set also continues to provide endless entertainment. 065

They went in for a well-check, complete with three shots each. Bennett cried, in a kind of delayed response, Alex just said very loudly, “Ow! That hurt!” and Ruby just closed her eyes tight, with a big smile on her face. She didn’t even wince, and later told her she was just thinking about unicorns. Thank you Daniel Tiger. The really do love going to the doctor, mostly because of the sticker they get at the end. They seriously talked about the silly stickers all morning before we even got there. It’s the little things. 085096099

Park timeout. He just really loves that too-small tank-top. 148

150

I was feeling impulsive one day and bought her this umbrella. She pretty much loves it to death.157

The boys went to their first Fathers and Sons camp out! I must admit, I was pretty excited to have a night with just my girlie. I don’t think I’ve ever had just one kids in the house!160

This was her reaction when they left. She was pretty jealous of the camping. (Don’t worry, that drawer is getting fixed.)165

She quickly turned to this when we started preparing for our girl party! I knew those tears wouldn't last. 179

We had fun with some friends for a while, and it was crazy how much less hectic it was without the other half of the kids.181

After they left, Ruby insisted on helping clean up, and was genuinely helpful as she scrubbed, swept, and picked up. 183184187189

Notice the decoration on the left Ruby put up for our girls night. 190

192

On the way to Redbox, she was telling me what the clouds looked like. I forgot what she said. I’ll have to ask  her again.193

I let her sleep in my bed that night, and when we both inevitably woke up early, we went on a morning Walmart/Sprouts run.212

She loved these tiny bananas. 214

We bought flowers and she helped me plant them. I couldn't resist those princess gardening gloves. It’s fun to spoil them when there aren’t any other around!215221223

 

When the boys drove up, she ran to the basement and wouldn’t talk to anyone. She just kept telling the boys to be quiet and go away. Still jealous! It didn’t last long, and soon they were back to the hysterical laughter I hear several times I day. 229230235

We were invited to dinner last night and I was asked to bring dessert. Who doesn’t love a good fruit pizza in the summer? It might have been my breakfast for a few days after that.240

Father’s Day wasn’t too extravagant, but we tried to make it a little special.245257

The kids asked to help with dinner!261263

Steak and grilled mushrooms, as KC favorite.268

Corn on the cob, a kid favorite. 271272273

S’more brownie ice cream, an Emily favorite. 258

We love Daddy so much.

I bought a fire pit, something I’ve wanted for a very long time (cause I really, really love campfires), we loved breaking it in with our neighbors. Looking forward to using it year round!020022023

Peanut butter ganache on a s’more…yes.024

Dollar store princess tatoos.028

After everyone went home and to bed, KC and I stayed outside and this little one found us. Daddy couldn’t resist reading her another bedtime story by the fire. 034

I introduced the kids to good old-fashioned  Kool-Aid. They are believers, and love choosing a new color when we run out. The mustaches make me so happy. You’re only a kids once!038

This girl crashes a couple times a week. Early mornings and fun-filled days will wear you out!049

Some days I can really feel the absence of school, and I have to come up with something other than coloring and TV to keep us sane. This day it was sidewalk paint. The kids were jumping up and down in excitement. Definitely going to have to do that again. 071072073

081083

Sometimes after the kids are down we like to light the tiki torches and  take in the beautiful summer weather. I really love our quiet street and private porch.089

When there isn’t any other option but to take the kids to the store, I just brace myself and do it. I usually buy a few more things than planned, but if it helps us get out faster and happier, I’m okay with it. 102

Our next bike ride with friends wasn’t as bad as the first. That doesn’t mean I wasn’t totally spent by the time we got home and sent everyone to time out. Still, glad we tried. 103104

Another Ruby wipe-out.111

Our friends are so awesome to let us know anytime they’re going to the pool, and we usually join them. Love spending hot mornings there!121

They may not fit on this lap anymore, but that doesn’t mean they don’t still climb all over him for story time. 168

Another day when we were desperate to switch things up. A great use for grapes than are past their prime. 175

177

If they get bored enough they’ll start projects on their own.180

Alex made part of a super hero costume with zero help from me.184

Surprise, surprise. Bennett made and Angry Bird. I think I helped a little with the beak for something, but this was mostly him. 187188

We get rain and sometimes hailstorms almost every afternoon. They love playing in it if it’s not too crazy.191196

I was shopping when this storm happened, and the sound in Walmart was incredible. You had to yell for anyone to hear you. 212

Caught them making some chocolate milk one day. 202

Keeping themselves busy one afternoon.246245

We always, ALWAYS run out of red crayons. I got so sick of the fighting over the 1/2 inch piece that was left, and also found myself searching for said piece all over the house when a child just HAD to have red. So Amazon saved the day again with it’s 12 pack of jumbo red crayons. You’d think I just told them we were going to Disneyland when the package arrived. 220

Man, I love those kids and their enthusiasm over the littlest things. We are loving summer together, despite the moments of exhaustion and more opportunities to push each other’s buttons. I’m going to miss this hilarious, tender age so much.

Of course there are more fun things to post. Let’s hope I get to them sooner than later. Until then, you can find us on instagram.

3 comments:

McKayJoice said...

I love watching your kids grow up on your blog.
Life of triplets, it fascinates me, your kids are so charming, and so beautiful.
You are quite an amazing human.

melody said...

Once in a while I check blogs (I used to be so faithful!) and I am always glad I did. So fun to see the pictures and read how things are going. But I haven't posted myself once in the past year! I think instagram has kind of replaced it for me. Maybe someday I'll blog more, but I have a feeling it won't be any time too soon! Good for you to keep documenting. It's so fun to look back at old posts. Your kids will love it.

ina i Sewa said...

Super You deys.:)
I hardly speak English.
sorry