Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Utah Highlights

School starts tomorrow. Yikes! I didn’t love that our summer break was so short (exactly two months), but honestly, I think we’re all ready for a change. The kids are great at entertaining themselves, but it comes at the price of a messy house all the time. Mostly creative messes, but still, it’s wearing me out. I’m a little exhausted thinking about having to pack lunches every day and be dressed and out the door every morning at 8:30, something we’ve never really had to do always having afternoon school. I’ve loved having our mornings free, but I’m sure I’ll get used to the new schedule and grow to love it too. It’s not like I’d be sleeping in anyway, I never do, it’s just a big change from what we’re used to. But we’ll get to all that later. Right now, I’m quickly going to write about our little trip to Utah over the 4th of July. Quickly, because time is not on my side right now, and also because I’m getting over a horrible case of strep throat that has completely wiped me out and sitting at the computer is kind of the last thing I want to do right now. So here are the highlights…

*Fireworks, outdoor movie and lots of treats in Melody’s backyard.

*Hiking with (Battle Creek Falls) and without (Timp. Cave) the kids.

*Tie Dying with cousins.

*Meeting new baby cousins.

*Brunch with Maryland friends.

*Fourth of July Picnic at the Robinsons.

*KC’s 20 year high school reunion.

*Bennett losing his first tooth!

*Hazel meeting so much family.

How’s that for a nutshell?! We really crammed a lot in that long weekend. There were some less pleasant things like Hazel being a little sick and refusing to eat on several occasions, and getting a flat tire at a rest stop on the way home (the best place to get a flat if you ask me!) but mostly, it was a fun-filled trip, and we were so glad we went. I loved introducing Hazel to everyone she hadn’t met yet. I wish we could’ve spent more time with everyone, but it just wasn’t in the cards to do a long trip this time around. Hopefully we make it back in the near future.

Next up, first grade!!

2 comments:

Drew said...

I loved the slideshows! Lots of fun had by all, and I'm so glad our cousintwins could finally meet before we left town for the weekend. Until next time!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! And about school starting up... You'll get used to it. Just push through the first few weeks and you'll be fine. :)