Monday, February 22, 2016

Christmas with Hazel

Yes, this blog has been sadly neglected, and I think it's a sign that it can't be a priority at this point in my life. I want to finish out the year, but I'm not sure how much I'll be posting in the months to come. I don't know why this change is happening after about 10 years of blogging, but it's probably because Instagram/Chatbooks has kind of taken over this area of record keeping in my life. Anyway, I'll probably be back from time to time. We'll see.


ANYway, I remember last Christmas, wondering how different the next Christmas would be with a baby thrown into the mix. And I have to say, she made it even more fun than what I had imagined. From the moment she first saw the twinkly light on the Christmas tree when we put it up, to coming down the stairs on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought, it was all so sweet and magical and fun. She was thrilled by the gifts and the wrapping paper and the boxes and everything else. I loved watching her smile get bigger throughout the morning, and the fascination in her face watching her crazy, excited siblings around her. She really just has makes every part of lives better. The triplets also made it extra fun and crazy, as they usually do. All around it was a perfectly happy, wonderful Christmas with the people I love most. I'm always so overwhelmed with gratitude at Christmastime.

I don't have time to get a lot down (see how it took me over a month and a half to even post this!), but I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Christmas Sunday

\









Christmas Eve

















Christmas Day






















New Years










I didn't do a recap for our Christmas card this year for some reason. I guess in an effort to simplify Christmas season and life in general, I decided to let it go. But It was one of my favorite years yet, with Hazelnut joining our crew and making life just better. I love Christmas as a time to reflect and remember and rejoice in the Savior and how much he means to my family. Thanks for the good times 2015!

4 comments:

Drew said...

Yay for pictures! I'm glad to see them since we didn't get to see you this Christmas. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Janice said...

I do love your blog posts. I hope they won't go away as you are a great writer and document-er of your family life.

ina i Sewa said...

A Like You

ina i Sewa said...

A Like You