Friday, October 06, 2006

I love being married!


So my husband and I just made it to our seven month anniversary and are continuing to enjoy wedded bliss. My brother and sister live close by with their families so we have a lot of fun at birthdays, playdates for the kids (which we go to even though we don't have kids yet) or just because I feel like making a new dessert and don't want us to eat it all by ourselves. Marriage has been something I have always known that I would love. It has been so fun to make little dinners for the two of us, inviting people to our humble home, (it's pretty tiny so "people" is usually limited to two or three.) and listening to the sweet sounds of my husband playing his ukulele as I'm falling alseep. I know, I know, people say I'll get over the newly-wed glow soon enough, but why let it. I love waiting at the door to see him come home. Being a twin, I'm used to, or I could even say addicted to, companionship and I wouldn't want to satisfy my addiction with anyone else except my husband. This is a picture of us on the formal night of out honeymoon cruise to the Carribean. We even went Parasailing in Key West and loved it! I'll never forget our first week as newlyweds.

1 comment:

Matt said...

We love having you around. Or...more correctly I guess... we love having us around you. (You were here first.)

You DO make loverly cakes and treats and stuff & stuff. I might come up this weekend for some of that dome-shaped strawberry one. Oooooh man.

As for the Newlywed glow wearing off: It is my experience that it's up to you. Maybe it's a newlywed burn that you turn into a nice not-so-newlywed glow. A nice hot ember. No matter how you say it though... you can KC are tops.