Sunday, April 15, 2012

The sun is always shining on Easter.

Isn’t is funny how that always happens? I don’t remember the last Easter that wasn’t sunny and beautiful, despite what the weather had been like the days leading up to it. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Our Easter holiday was as pleasant as could be. Especially with my mom here to share it with. The day started off very well with the kids’ baskets “hidden” for them to find. They thought it was the best day of their lives, and found out quickly what was in those plastic eggs. I snagged a few of the prizes for our church bag while they were distracted with jelly beans, and bunny shaped marshmallows. 124128134

132137140

The Easter Bunny left some baskets to Mom, KC and I too. The kids just thought they each got two baskets. 147149

We managed to get a semi-decent family picture. Our expectations are pretty low when it comes to group shots, so we consider this a success. And look, mom even made it in the picture!179

Church went well. Ruby insisted on carrying a basket with a lamb in it, and their new green ball all morning, and actually wanted to wear the little hat I got for her mostly as a dress-up. I love all my sweeties in their Sunday Best.  158201192

We came home and made a pretty traditional meal of ham, rolls, potatoes, deviled eggs, “the Green” (a jello dish that is a Graham family tradition), and roasted asparagus. I usually branch out from the norm, but it was fun to have all the tried-and-trues again. And it was all too delicious to worry about portion control. Of course I couldn’t make only one dessert, but instead made three: Berry Shortcake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, and Birds Nest Macaroons. I was hurting after trying everything, but it was worth it.221223211268227279

The fun continued as we gave dyeing eggs a try for the first time! I knew it would be a mess, so we dressed the kids in bright clothes, and took this activity outside. They had a blast. Yes, there were colors splashing everywhere, but that was all part of the fun. We had some pretty good-lookin’ eggs.230233235238241

And then the hunt began. They quickly realized how to play, and never wanted to stop! It ended too quickly with the few hard boiled eggs we colored, so we brought out all the plastic eggs (which we emptied), and kept hiding them. I think they would’ve been happy to hunt all day long. 247251252258

It was a wonderful day, and we didn’t let it pass without telling the kids about Jesus, and how much we love him, and how much he loves us. This is definitely a favorite day of mine each year.

5 comments:

melody said...

I am still SO happy I got to see the kids (and sample some leftover Easter dessert!)

Camille said...

I love how it's morning, still in pajamas, and Ruby has her shoes on :)

Emily said...

Oh yeah, that girl wears shoes 24/7. I can't remember the last time she went to bed without something on her feet. In fact I think Bennett also went down with his crocs on tonight. It's easier than arguing with them, I guess.

Camille said...

p.s. "Unknown" is Camille. Not sure why it did that....

Thiago Corban said...

Hello friend,
I came to leave a message of hope and love, when you think nobody loves you or if someone has forgotten you. Jesus Christ, he never forgets and is ready to help you in difficult times of his life. It takes courage to change the attitude of life, as the first step to change our situation either, esperitual, financial or family is when we recognize that we need change. Jesus Christ loves you and wants to change its history.
A hug,
Thiago Corban
Come follow me on my Blog: Resgatandocristo.blogspot.com