Friday, October 04, 2013

Back in the Game!

051With the move came a lot of changes. One was that my workout routine got all messed up. I finally found something that worked for me, and then it was no longer available. There were enough distractions when we first came to Colorado to not let it bother me too much, and I was running a lot to prepare for a half marathon. I took advantage of the apartment gym while we were there, but it still wasn’t the doing it for me. So when we finally moved into the house and got settled in and I had a little time to spare, I really started to miss my boot camp workouts. I didn’t want to get stuck in a rut, and running really wasn’t as fun for me as it used to be.

Just as I was trying to get back into the swing of things, my new ward friends started talking about a boot camp group (we have so many small groups that gather during the week/month: Cooking, freezer meal, running, walking, F.H.E., Park, temple, etc.), and since they knew I used to sub at my old class, they asked me to lead it. I was happy to oblige, since I really love having the group to work out with. A couple weeks later, we met early in the morning for our first work out, and we’ve been going strong for a little over a month now. I’ve loved getting to know people better, and really feel my body going back to the strength it once knew. We only get together a few days a week (it seems people shy away from Mondays and Fridays) but we always have a great time together and get a great work out.

163

I’m not used to teaching every class, since in MD I only subbed, but it’s been a fun little challenge to think up new, interesting routines. I love feeling that morning rush again. And we are so fortunate to witness the most amazing sunrises as a reward. It’s getting darker and colder now, but we are lucky to have the church gym available to us when the winter rolls around. I miss my boot camp buddies in Maryland, but it’s been great to get out with my new friends and feel the burn again!

162

1 comment:

Dahl Family said...

I'm so happy for you! It's hard transitioning and I'm glad you were able to find a good group of friends. We miss you in MD :)