Saturday, October 05, 2013

There is nothing like the first snow.

There is just something special about it. Even if we did have a huge snow storm less than five months ago, and it’s only the first week of October. The exclamations we heard from the kids as they came rushing into out room while we were still in bed were priceless. “It’s snowing, it’s snowing, it’s snowing!” “ It’s Christmas day!” “Let’s decorate the Christmas tree!” “This is the best day ever!” and it went on. They had their snow clothes on and were outside before I could even find my shoes. It was a warm, beautiful day just the day before! But it’s funny because we went shopping at Costco and splurged on a bunch of new Christmas decorations, so the kids were already geared up for Christmas. Ruby even complained to me that she wanted Christmas first, then Halloween. Now I’m sure they're even more confused. Oh well, the house was more quiet and peaceful that morning than it had been in weeks. And how I needed it.

044295032035046047049055060070077078081085330

I’m not quite ready for cold weather yet, but I do love this glimpse into this coming winter. They can put on their snow clothes gear by themselves now, and we have a fenced in backyard for them to play in all they want without my constant supervision. It’s going to be so different than past winters where I had to endure the cold with them daily just to keep us sane. I think I’ll love sipping my hot chocolate as I watch them through the windows. Happy fall everyone!

007

3 comments:

Janice said...

Cutest snow people ever.

Drew said...

So much fun! An early snow is a great treat, even if it's a little confusing for the little ones. They'll surely have their fill of a Colorado winter soon enough I'm sure.

melody said...

My kids would be jealous of your first snow. Ours was just a little slush so I didn't dig out the snow clothes yet. Soon enough!