Friday, January 30, 2015

Second Wind

As of last Saturday at 3:01 am, I am officially pregnant longer than I was with the triplets. I may have had a little residual PTSD from that whole ordeal 5 1/2 years ago that I wasn’t aware of until I was approaching that day in this pregnancy and had a lot of anxiety wondering if it was going to happen again! Of course I know that I only have one baby in there this time, but it was still stressing me out a little. Hormones! It was a relief when I was safely at 30 weeks with no baby in sight, and hopefully that’s how things stay until at least mid-March.

It really helped to get past that point to have a visit from Mom and Dad! My mom had been toying with the idea of visiting before the baby came, and we decided this was a good time. She hopped a flight last Monday, and since the kids were out of school that day, they came with me to pick her up from the airport. It was such a nice change of pace from the moment she arrived.

I loved having a shopping buddy to do the heavier lifting and pushing, and someone to help with the kid corralling and entertaining (not that they need much, but it still wears me out at times). I felt like my body that was feeling a little stressed and worn out  was getting more calm and relaxed as the days went on. She helped with get the house ready for the baby to point where I don’t have to think much about that until she’s here which is so nice. I feel a little wimpy feeling the need for a little help at this point in my pregnancy when I see others doing just fine at this stage. But I know everybody's different, and why not take the help if it’s offered, right? It made life more fun in general to have someone to go through the daily motions with, instead of thinking about every ache and pain, and trying not to count down what still feels like long way to go.

Then Dad drove in on Thursday to join the fun! he brought a Car full of baby gear some being returned to me, and others on loan from dear sisters. Seeing everything makes me so excited to bring this baby girl home. Having the company, and setting up for the baby was just what I needed to push through what felt like a difficult couple weeks, and into the home stretch.

They left Sunday morning after joining us for the first hour of Church, and I definitely didn’t want to say goodbye. But thanks to this little babe, they’ll be coming to visit again soon!

So I have a couple months left to keep myself distracted until the big event. I’m so excited I can hardly stand it. The kids comment on how big my belly is daily, and I’m starting to get looks and questions from strangers as I’m out and about. While I’m measuring right on schedule, I must look huge because the comments usually imply that I look like I’m about ready.  It’s definitely funny being pregnant again. The world just looks at you a little differently.

I’ll leave you with these pictures of our fun week with the parents. 31 weeks and counting!

The kids didn’t waste time taking all of Nana’s attention the moment she arrived.781788789

We took the kids birthday shopping for KC at the dollar store, and they even wrapped the presents on their own. 792827828829

Thank you Costco for the amazing mousse cake when I have zero energy to make one myself. That filled our sweet craving for many nights. Happy 38th to KC!!831

I was so grateful to have my parents there the next day to watch the boys, because I had to take Ruby to a last minute dentist appointment. She ended up needing four crowns! I hate seeing them on my little girl, but her teeth were not doing well back there and we couldn’t wait any longer. She was the bravest girl ever as they poked, drilled, and kept that  mask on her for a good hour. Not one complaint, or wiggle besides her legs changing position. I was nursing a terrible burn on my hand the whole time, but kept my focus on her and how great she was doing. As soon as they were done (great dentist and assistant, btw—so sweet) she relaxed her little stretched lips, and it was only then that she let the tears well up in her eyes. She was concerned that she couldn’t feel her face, and probably just letting out relief that it was over. Sweet, sweet girl. The moment kind of made my heart burst a little. She loves the dentist and was so excited to go, but had NO idea that’s what she’d be doing. She was all smiles and a little loopy after that. There was a lot of excitement over the little prizes. Soft food and ibuprofen for a few days and she’s good as new, except now she has “princess teeth”. Again, I’m so glad we had reinforcements that day.925

Dad came up from the guestroom at about 7:00 am the morning after he arrived, and Bennett immediately handed him a paper and a pen announced that he would be giving Papa a drawing lesson. Dad was so nice to oblige. 926928933932

I found this 500 piece puzzle at the dollar store, and it was surprisingly challenging and fun. We sat around the table a lot working on it whenever we felt like it. Mom put her hands in the pic to see the size of the pieces. Tiny!934

I was in desperate need of a toenail painting, cause I am not in a position to do them myself, and my wonderful mother did them for me. That’s love. Such a selfless person. I loved having her by my side for a few days.944

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we read the whole thing and looked at all the pictures. Very sweet. Thank you. The visit was just great! Can't wait to come back when the baby is here.

melody said...

I'm so glad they spent that time with you. At times pregnancy (whether with one, two, or three!) can be so hard physically, mentally, and emotionally. I think a visit from your parents is exactly what you needed. I just wish a visit from me was next!

And I know what you mean about the world looking at you differently when you are pregnant. I always feel like it's amazingly special and I look at pregnant women with awe, wonder, and excitement. It is just completely incredible that babies grow inside of us.

I hope Costco has that mousse cake when Jonny's birthday comes around next month!

Drew said...

What a great post and a fun visit. I can understand why you're anxious, but I'm sure everything will go just fine and it will all be such a nice difference from last time. We're counting down the days too! (For you and for us.) And we stillllll need to come visit your lovely house. :/