Monday, March 09, 2015

I can see the light!

Time really does pass, as slowly as it feels in the final weeks of pregnancy. All the sudden we’re in March, and although another whole month of this feels like a long time, I know it will go by quickly as it always does. I feel like the waddle is in full swing and for the past few weeks everyone I come in contact with asks me when the big day is sort of frantically like it’s tomorrow or something. I don’t mind, because I feel the same way when I look at this belly in the mirror and wish it WAS tomorrow. But still, I’m so happy to be at this point in the pregnancy, over a month and a half longer in the womb than the triplets. I think getting to week 34 put me more at ease mentally than I have been the entire pregnancy (physically is another story). Probably the most at peace I’ve been as I’ve let worries cloud my thoughts. I’ve prayed a lot to trust my body despite what’s happened before, and to enjoy this sweet time with my baby girl. A cashier at Sprouts advised me to not wish this time away because this is the best babysitter she’ll have yet. It’s true. She’s safe from sickness, pain, worldly influences, and everything else right now. I wish I could always give her this kind of protection, and get to hold and kiss her at the same time. I’ll try to keep those thoughts in mind as I am tempted to wish for these uncomfortable, exhausting days to go by faster.  It also helps to keep perspective that I’ll probably not even get as large as I was when I delivered the triplets. Of course I was on bedrest, and not taking care of three kids at that time, so this pregnancy hasn’t been THAT much easier in comparison, but still enough to remind me that that it could be worse.

Here’s a 34 week shot when I started this post.  012

February was an eventful month with Valentine’s Day/Week, as well as the other events. I’ll let the pictures do most of the talking as we take a walk down February lane:

The kids were so excited about crazy hair day. Ruby said she wanted a lot of curls, so we ripped up an old t-shirt and made rags for her to sleep in. It brought back girls camp days for sure. He was so excited to wake up and see the result. 058

And she was not disappointed! 059

The boys were easy to please, with a few ponytails here and a few spikes there. 070080102110117They had the best day. It’s amazing what switching up the routine a little will do for kids.

Oh, and Bennett did not leave Blue Bird out of the fun. Crazy!145

The next week was Valentine’s. I have dreaded the box decorating for a long time. Last year they just decorated paper bags in their class and it was perfect. This year we had to do it ourselves. I gave everyone a cereal box, wrapped them up, set the table up with decorating supplies, and let them loose. It was a mess, but they loved how their boxes turned out. It was enough to exhaust me. 431497

They had a great time at school passing out and receiving notes from all their friends. I was pleased that there were quite a few non-candy prizes. Alex was very responsible with his treats, only eating a few, brushing his teeth, and saving the rest for later, or giving them away. I wish all three were so dental conscientious.503504

My prize to them was their own bottle of mouthwash. Ha.537538540543

It took a couple weeks for the kids to let go of the Valentine’s spirit. Alex was making cards for class friends  for a while, and even brought cards to give to random people he met at the park. 644

Both the boys came into my room one morning all dressed in snow clothes ready to deliver personalized heart notes they’d made to all the neighbors. It was still early, so I told them to just tape them on the doors. Funny kids. 622

We had a nice visit from Grandma Robinson and Aunt Nicole that same weekend. They brought dinner, and several more for the freezer! This tired mom was so grateful. Ruby loved being big sister to her cousin Piper. She fed her, cheered her up with Fuzzy bear, and just loved playing with her. Ruby is more than ready for a little sister of her own.  569

Nicole brought over a box of baby clothes for us to look through. Piper was trying some on for fun. Love that happy girl.573

We have tried to take advantage of every warm day the winter has given us. The park is such a nice change from what we’ve been doing inside while it’s cold. We can’t get enough of the sunshine!

Alex wrote about playing at the park in his journal when we got there. 971973984336338524

It doesn’t take long for the kids to make friends if we don’t meet anyone there. They had a rousing snowball fight with these new friends one day when it was warm enough for short sleeves. 661

One Saturday it was so lovely out that KC took them on a little hike. They were so excited to use the Camlebaks they got for their birthday, and their cameras they got for Christmas. I was excited for a quiet couple of hours at home. 362

We enjoyed a campfire on the driveway one Sunday and invited the neighbors over for roasted marshmallows and cookies. I love our little street. 424

And now we have some random happenings.

Alex getting  “cozy” on the stairs. I’m sure that didn’t last long. 611

Bennett made this pretty sweet captain America costume for Blue Bird one day. It never ceases to amaze me what these kids will come up with when left to their own devices. Which is often. 677

The boys had to get some dental work done. Ugh. They were brave and so sweet the whole time. The worst part was recovering from where they had bitten their cheeks while they were numb. Bennett was swollen and raw for days! 864

Later that day I pulled out some play dough I had stashed away for an occasion such as this. It cheered them right up after a long day.899

I was pleased to see that Bennett had also made a pond with lily pads, a frog and some ducks along with the inevitable Angry Birds. Glad to see he isn’t always so one-track minded!900

Sometimes they just get in the mood for yoga. They laid out the blankets and had a great relaxing time doing all the poses. I can’t get enough of watching them. 508514Their own pose?518

The kids were playing house and Ruby was the pregnant mommy named Emily. So perfect laying there with her water bottle. If I squint I would almost think it was me! He was asking the boys to get her things because she was resting. Oh, that made me laugh! Someday soon the kids will remember that I wasn’t always like this!  Bennett was playing KC and Alex was their son named Mexico (!?). Overhearing them play was hilarious.909911

Soon the baby “popped out” as they like to put it, and they took such good care of that little Blue Bird. 921926

I never, ever take for granted that they have each other to play with. It makes me so happy.

That’s all the randomness I have for now, but I’m sure I could find plenty more if I had the time.

I’ve felt a little boost of energy lately. Sometimes I even feel better than I have in past recent months. Now when I feel the contractions and pains, I have more of a bring-it-on attitude, so I’ve been doing more errands, chores, and cooking as my body permits. Of course sometimes I am exhausted beyond all reason, and most of the time I can hardly walk by the end of the day, but I try to take full advantage of it when I’m feeling alright. I have been down with a bad cold or sinus infection for over a week, not to mention the boys had some bug that included a fever and Alex throwing up. They both slept a crazy amount of hours while sick so that was good. I haven’t slept well at all for a while and it’s staring to get to me. And I thought I was tired before! The boys are great now, and I can feel myself coming out of this fog, so hopefully I get at least a a few more full nights of sleep before I have something more pleasant that terrible congestion and a sore throat waking me up at all hours of the night.

I have a pile of things on my dresser ready to be packed, and all of the baby’s things set up and ready for her. Fuzzy Bear (now named Fuzzy Baby Bear) has tried out just about everything including the diapers, crib, and clothes etc. to make sure everything is just right. Such a nice Fuzzy Baby Bear. I was surprised at how well Ruby put the diaper on without any assistance! But Ruby said I am more than welcome to do all of the wiping of bums. The kids often talk about the baby and ask over and over how many more days until her arrival. Bennett commented one day how it takes FOREVER for a baby to come. Couldn’t have said it better myself. They are so helpful when I need it,whether they have been asked for not. I just love those sweethearts more than words can express. I’m so excited for them to have this little sister. 591That is a paper pacifier taped to her mouth.387

So, Saturday was exactly 4 weeks  from my due date, April 4th. But just maybe, hopefully, we’ll have a march birthday to celebrate. Let the waiting game begin!

And here’s a 36 week shot when I finished this post. IMG_20150308_132945

2 comments:

Janice said...

what timing! 14 hours later you have a baby!

The Hunsakers said...

Lol! The start of this post makes me giggle.