Monday, July 13, 2015

This and That

I always have way more pictures that I’d like to post than what actually gets put up, so in the name of efficiency, I’m going to make a few slideshows to catch up a bit. Here’s the latest:

We’ve taken a break from extracurriculars this past year due to my lack of energy and things, but when a friend suggested a little sports program for the summer, I knew it was the right fit. Ruby was in soccer with her friend Lily, and the boys were in Flag Football with her little brother Boston. It was just Fridays in June at a park a few blocks from home (unless it rained, then it was at the rec. center). The boys played at 9, and the girls at 10, so they also had a friend to play with while they weren’t on the field. I loved chatting with my friend Christina while we held babies (6 weeks apart) on the sidelines. Such a fun way to start the summer. 

I knew I was getting a little energy back when I decided I wanted to take on few projects that had been staring at me for a while. Ever since we started the IVF process last year, followed by pregnancy, delivering a baby, and caring for a newborn, I’ve had zero desire to do any such thing. Just cleaning the bathroom was enough for me! But one day I decided I wanted to paint the bathroom cabinets, and I did. Like, right then. Our night stands were begging for an updated coat of paint, and a bench I found last summer followed. While in the mode, I freshened up the ceiling fan in our art area a bit with spray paint. It was an unsightly rust color before and has always bothered me (but what a beast to take down and put back up. Reinforcements were needed when KC and I were not enough). Little did I know the blades were two-sided and I liked the other side better, so a quick flip of those instead of a paint job and it will last without hurting my eyes until we get something we like better. It’s fun doing low-maintenance, quick projects. And really, that’s all I have time and energy for right now. I found that I used every spare minute getting these things done, I’d often forget to eat/drink/sleep, so I do still need to pace myself as I am still getting back into the swing of things. But, I definitely feel more like myself when I check things off my long to do list.

Library fun, work picnic, cute baby… (Alex is an Angry Bird in that cover photo, in case you were wondering.)

The pool, Father’s Day, cute baby…

So that was about a million pics, and I left plenty out, believe me. This is the just first half of the summer, so I’ll probably use this format again to get more fun squished in a post for future reference. I’m not so familiar with these slide shows yet, so there are probably a lot a kinks to work out, but I’ll figure it out sooner or later. Right now I’m just glad took the time to get it down, though plain it may be. I do love having this blog, as hard as it is to make time to post.  Hopefully the kiddos will appreciate it one day :)

2 comments:

Janice said...

So many great pictures. I really love the one of you and kids looking out at the rain. Says it all - love in this family. I will be downloading some of these great pictures! Thanks.

Christina Updike said...

Love this! And I especially loved hanging out while our kids did sports! Fun times!