Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I will resist!

I'm trying to resist buying anything that I know will be 75% off starting on December 26. I've never been one to decorate but since there is no one else (mom, roommates, sisters) to do it, I have to, and want to, do it myself. But since me are leaving a few days before Christmas, I feel like I should take advantage. We did buy a tree and it's not a Bonsai. Not much taller though. Lowes was the only place (out of several places that we looked) that had any real trees under 6 feet. It goes about to my waist and KC being the man of the house put on the lights. But we've also yet to get an extension cord to turn those lights on. I'm improvising on trimming, candy canes, and ribbons, but I think our humble tree will be a great memory for our first Christmas together.
As my other siblings have mentioned on their blogs, Gingerbread house making was great fun thanks to all the hard work by M,C,and J. KC and I made a gingerbread house 2 years ago at a party. We to achieve the same effect, but it turned out quite different. We had fun at both occasions as you can see from the picture. Every one's house was so creative. I loved Jacks gumball "Christmas light" roof.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Congrats on the tree! I see what you mean with the licorice. But I happen to like "The White House" better!