Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm So Proud

Last night I did something I haven't done in a long time. I really conquered something I didn't think possible. I wanted to go to a movie with some girls. With trying to merge busy schedules, we decided on the 10:05PM showing. I am known for falling asleep in movies that start much earlier. Whenever I fall asleep, it ruins the movie for me, and everyone that laughs at the movie and wakes me up, suddenly become this stupid bunch of people that are laughing at something not worth laughing at ( I think I'm partly mad at whatever I've missed). This is my mentality when I am tired. So earlier the day of the movie, I tried to take a nap and it was about 30 minutes. I didn't think it was enough. KC just kept warning me, "Honey, you always fall asleep. I don't know if you'll make it." Of course, he has learned of my early bird lifestyle the hard way. Sometimes I don't even remember the harsh things I say at night, but am gently reminded of them in the morning when, by the way, my mood is at it's best. My friends from high school will tell you how rude I was at sleepovers just because I was tired and they were just having fun. Something really comes over me and I can't help my words or actions. It's like I have a small version of the Hulk inside of me that comes out after 10:30 if something upsets me. I hope it wears off someday because this life guarantees more night distractions through the years. Maybe when the kids come, KC will be the night go-getter and I'll be the morning retriever. We'll have to work something out. I don't want anyone else to have to witness this side of me. But, the point of this whole post was to announce loud and clear that I did make it though that movie and got home at 1:15AM without my hulkish attitude anywhere in sight. I was chipper the whole way through and it wasn't even an act! I'm wondering the last time this has happened. I even drove...safely. I really feel like I've accomplished something. I hope someday, somewhere, it will happen again.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I married a man that's just like you (early to bed, early to rise), and we've somehow made it work. I'm proud of you!

Cami said...

Great job Em! It always helps if you do something fun and novel. Try to get a better nap next time. That really helps Jake.

melody said...

As your twin sister, I can attest that this is a feat indeed. Good Work, Em!

Lili and Jeff said...

Wow, Emily! I can't even imagine... So many nights you have been so angry at our stayings up. But this is quite an accomplishment. 10 points to Gryffindor. Which you are in.