Wednesday, December 06, 2006

How long has that commercial been running?

I was watching TV and saw that seasonal commercial where the snowman walks in the house because he smells the soup. When he starts eating it, he starts melting. At the end, there's a little boy with snow dripping off his shoulders. I feel like I've been seeing this commercial for years and it always kind of scares me. Why is there a little boy inside all that snow. But I do like it because it reminds me of past Christmas seasons. Man, it's coming quickly isn't it? I really want to show KC the Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special. I don't remember what year, but we have it on tape at my house. That is a huge tradition. I laugh just thinking about it. We have tried to find a tree that won't take over our whole apartment and they are all too big. They don't harvest them small enough for us that often. We're thinking of getting a Bonsai pine tree and we can use it every year and it would be less than 2 feet tall. They live for hundreds of years if cared for properly. I'm only kidding as it wouldn't be tradition like the other photo. (Although mine would not have teddy bears and stuffed snowmen around it.) At least we'll be going home for Christmas where there is plenty of space for trees that are easily two feet taller than that tallest part if out ceiling. I hope everyone has had more luck finding their perfect tree, or at least are planning to.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Cortnie found the perfect tree about 6 years ago. We just bend it back into shape every year, and hang the "Ordiments" as Blackie calls them. It's a 6 foot tree. She's talking about getting a 7 foot tree that is pre-lit. We may be moving up in the Christmas world soon. :)

I love the bonsai tree idea. That would be awesome in your house.

I'll search around in my "channels" and see if I can find your Pee Wee special. It's got to have some cult-following and so shouldn't be that hard to find.

Cami said...

It's SNO-HO-HO-HO-HOWING!!! (as Pee Wee would say.) I hope you find a tree too. Jake and I always tried, but never did get one until we had our very own house. We could always chop off the top of our tree to make a mini one (like Jake wanted to) but then we'd "sell it to charity, because that's what Christmas is about." (quote from The Office)

scott said...

Just reviewed your blog and appreciate you more than ever. This is a great way to express oneself - for others to review whenever they feel like it. Glad I got into blogs and maybe someday I will learn enough to include photos - landscapes, not me