Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mom came for Easter!

One reason for my lack of posts is that I've been busy hangin' with my mom. I LOVE having her here with me, especially now that we're all alone here on the East Coast, as far as family goes. We didn't have many set plans for her visit, so we just did things on a whim, or just sat around watching movies together. (We really got into the Masterpiece Classic "Little Dorrit" on PBS. Two episodes left. It's getting good!) I think I learned my homebody-ness from my mom, so we get along quite well in that respect, and enjoy just sitting around the house together. We also are alike in our love of shopping, so we had to indulge a little while we were together. I've said it before-she is my good luck charm when we go shopping together. I always find deals I can't pass up.

We weren't so enthusiastic about any Easter festivities since there were no kids around to make it fun, but we did make a miniature (there are only three of us eating) traditional meal with all the trimmings, and had strawberry shortcake for dessert, and we did not forget to get some candy on sale the next day. Those Cadbury eggs were going fast.
We cooked together (well, she did most if not ALL the cooking), went on several scenic walks in the new and gorgeous warm weather around the neighborhood, and I just enjoyed her presence in my little residence. I get so lonely sometimes during the day, so it made a huge difference with her here. I wish she was here still now, and every day. In fact, I just kind of wish I lived closer to my entire family that are all together. I know that day will come someday, but for now, KC and I will just stick it out together, and enjoy the visits from any family members that want to come, and they know they are always welcome. That drive home from the airport after dropping someone off will never get easier for me. The only thing that keeps me from crying is the crazy DC freeways and traffic. Otherwise, I'd be a mess.

Oh, and, for our last hurrah, Mom and I went to one of my faves around here, Eggspectation. We were silly to each get our own HUGE stack of the same pancake breakfast. We barely made a dent.

I miss her so.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

after reading your post I am really missing my own mom! it looks like you had a delightful time together.

You both look stunning by the way.

Cami said...

Awww, I miss you guys a lot. It would have been fun to have Easter with you. Glad Mom could be there with you. Fun going to Eggspectation during Easter!

Woods said...

Oh that post made me miss you and your Mom! I love the two of you so much! You both are so GORGEOUS!! It looks like you had an amazing Easter. Aren't Mom's the best!?!?

Corinne said...

SUPER FUN! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with your mom :)

melody said...

I was so glad she was with you - even if it meant not talking on the phone for a week! We are happy to have her back home, but wish she could be with you at the same time.

Amber said...

How nice your mom was able to come spend time with you guys. I am with you the drive from the airport is the WORST! You both are so pretty. :-)

Melissa said...

Moms are so precious. I cherish my mom memories. I am so glad you got a visit from yours. I'm sure your family misses you very much too. We are like you. We are the lonely family-less people in San Diego.

Drew said...

I'm so glad she could come out there, you both look fantastic in those pictures! Y'know Emily, there's a really simple (theoretically, anyway) solution to your missing Mom and stuff...