Sunday, April 05, 2009

Must. . .stay. . .awake.

Am I the only one who inevitable falls asleep during part of conference? I'm sure I'm not. It seems since I've been an adult, this has been so hard for me. We try to make it a habit to watch some of the talks that we/I missed over the next few months for family night. You know, like one every Monday or something. And it seems to work pretty well. But there is something about the soft-spoken voices, and the sweet sounds of the choir (Yeah, Aunt Belinda!) that just set me off into a wonderful restful nap. I really do look forward to listening the leaders of our church and the council they have to give, but I'm just cursed. Maybe I should take up caffeine during conference. Ha!

KC is at the temple visitor's center with a new member so he can watch it there. But I don't think that would even work for me. Even when I went to the conference center in Utah for a session, I was still nodding off. At least at home, I don't get super annoyed that I'm tired, like I would in the uncomfortable seats. Sometimes I bake during the sessions and have it loud enough to hear throughout the house, but I don't think I'm planning on that today. At least I know the words are forever recorded on the website to refer to later on.

We'll see how much I make it through this session. . .

5 comments:

melody said...

Usually, I can relate. For some reason I was wide awake through all 4 sessions this year! I did take a nice nap in between today. Maybe that's how I made it. Julia, however, napped through the 2 hour break and the entire last session. THAT was pretty nice for all of us.

Unknown said...

I can surely relate...I am usually good during the morning sessions but the afternoon ones are killer!

Michelle and Cisco said...

I can definitely relate!! We went to the conference center on Saturday morning and i slept through an entire talk on Cisco's shoulder. I just cant make it. I don't ever fall asleep on other Saturdays so it must have to do with the soothing sound of their voices.

Savannah and Braden said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. I have to make sure I'm really uncomfortable or else have a notebook to scribble things on or I will be out before the 2nd song. It's not personal- their voices are like you say, so soothing! Hope you are feeling better, do you get to visit here often? Thank you for posting on my blog and putting a drop in my bucket of self esteem! I feel the same about you! :)

Cami said...

Yeah, I didn't make it through more than a couple talks. Jet lag for me. Good times.