Saturday, October 02, 2010

Let the fun begin!

Lili and Penny arrived on a very rainy Thursday night. We are so happy they made it here safely, with the weather being as bad as it was (torrential rain, tornado warnings, etc.). I met them at the airport, and sweet penny was as happy and adorable as can be. I was a little sad for her, as she had to say goodbye to all the family members we love. It reminded me of my tearful goodbyes when I left Utah over 6 years ago. But I am also excited for their family to get a taste of what it’s like to live in a new place.

They’ve been sleeping in the guest room while her apartment is getting set up. Her ReloCube arrived  on Friday, right when we got home from Aldi, a place I’m sure she’ll grow to love. Speaking of which, we get even more questions and comments when Penny joins the triplets in the carts. People are mostly confused. This should be fun. Anyway, She and KC emptied the entire thing today as I tended to the babies, made our dinner, and napped, uh I mean, watched conference. They did a lot of work, and I can see that Lili is really excited to make the little apartment her home. I can’t wait to see what she does with the place. 034

Jeff and his brother  are on the road, and we expect them to arrive here tomorrow evening. Then I think it will really set it. I can already tell this will do wonders for my occasional lonely mommy days at home. I must say, I feel a little spoiled having my very own sister just down the stairs to keep me company. Not to mention the the game nights, movie nights, and date nights that we are already excited for. She was also very kind to watch the kids as I took KC to and from work ( fender bender, ugh). I hated making her babysit within 24 hours of coming, but she reassured me that that is an advantage of her living here, and I would most definitely do the same for her. Thankfully they behaved well while I was gone.

Penny and the babies are really getting to know each other. Adding one more really isn’t bad at all. But my babies all of the sudden look like old people next to a younger baby. At least I have Penny to snuggle when I miss their littleness.  But I do love the stage they’re in, so I guess I’ll be okay. If we get them all on the same sleep schedule, things will really start hopping around here. 043030

Adventures are sure to lie ahead. This is definitely a new chapter in my life, as well as Lili’s. I can’t believe this is actually happening. My sister is here in my neck of the woods! I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that they are here to stay. I keep thinking they are just visiting for a week, and then they’ll be gone. But no! It’s been a while since we had any family around here, and I couldn’t be happier. And Melody is coming to visit in a matter of days!  Life just keeps getting better.039

7 comments:

melody said...

It is so funny to see Penny's little face with your three. It looks like you guys are already partying. It really is a fun little situation you have there! I can't say that I'm not a little jealous. But I am mostly happy neither of you are without a sister right now! That must have been no fun for you for so long. We should webcam on some Sisters' Nights.

See you in less than two weeks...

Unknown said...

Yeah. Good times now! 4 babies . . . whoa!

Amber said...

Jealous.....

B Jensen said...

fender bender?? kc's car? sorry about the bad luck with cars sheesh. I'm so excited for you to have Lili there, SO much fun I wish I was there, I am planning on visiting! I promise, probably before next spring!

brit

Unknown said...

oh man, what a fun thing to have lili so close. You guys are going to have so much fun together!

Penny looks like she is fitting in nicely with the bunch, they are all so darling!

Janice Graham said...

It's quite a blow to be so far away from all four of those adorable grandkids. Not to mention MY OWN BABY, ELISE, who has never been so permanently far away before, which is causing me some tears. We have been such buddies these past few years, haven't we? Have fun all of you.

Cami said...

I've read a lot of your posts and never commented, so here I am. It looks SO fun to have so many babies about. Jane was jealous and kept asking if we could go see Ruby. Sorry shnookums.