Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Home Tour: Basement

We have a basement! And it’s finished! Those words are music to my ears. It really is a wonderful thing when you have a lot of little kids running around.  I find it’s pretty rare to find a home with a finished basement, much less one that’s finished well! Not all creepy and outdated, you know? It was one of the things that really made this house the one for me. And it’s a walkout to the backyard which is also very awesome. This room had been recently painted by the previous owner, and I am very happy with his choice (it was a very bright red before!). So no before and afters are really necessary. 082060

I scored those storage cubby things in the As Is at IKEA. So perfect to frame that little built in tv-stand (the sump pump in inside there, so we are working on locking it up!)061We obviously need some wall art or something, but I’m cool with bare walls for now. 062064076066067

I think this space is meant for a desk or something, but the keyboard is perfect there right now. 068

071074070077

I don’t have very good pics of the guest room for some reason. It was all set up for the Rejholecs last week (more on that later), and I just took a couple pictures while in the midst of post-guest clean-up. I put some storage cubbies in from of the bed, and there are built-in book shelves above that act as a head board ( I put a lot of pictures of our families up, but I’m still working on how we want to decorate the space). There is also a huge closet in there. I love any extra storage space.IMG_20130702_085209285287

This bathroom is a project on my to-do list. The color is obnoxious, and I don’t know who decided to put in a blue countertop in there. But it’s a big functional bathroom, and that’s what’s important. It will be a fun project in the future.083084

I was very excited that the owner decided to leave this extra fridge (there was mention that he wasn’t going to).  I have always wanted one. So much space for food when we entertain or stock up!091

A storage room! I love this place so much. We have more stocking up to do, but it’s slowly getting to a place where I feel like I have a good supply. 087

Someone in our ward mentioned these storage bins at Costco. I have been looking high and low for something like this for flour, sugar, rice, etc. I LOVE them. I feel so grown up with food storage. 086

So, I know posts like this are pretty boring, but I like to do them anyway. This basement is such a prefect space for my kiddos and when we have friends over. Not to mention it stays nice and cool down there in the hot summers. Perfect for movie watching/ cuddling.  We love that guests don’t hear us, or worry about us hearing them. It has always been a concern of mine that my kids’ wakings keep people up in the night. Even if wakings aren’t as frequents as they used to be, there are still times when I’m glad we are two floors away from bothering our guests.

So much more to blog and so little time! We’re gearing up for a three week trip to Utah in a few days, and I still have so much fun summer stuff to get to! Hopefully I do a catch up soon. I should have plenty of time with the kids starting preschool next month!!! Rarely so you see me use more than two exclamations, but this was a very appropriate occasion. I’ll get to the top floor/bedrooms when the master is complete, which could take some time. Gotta love busy summers!

2 comments:

Kira: said...

Love it! I love having our basement done too- although I'm a little envious of all the space you have!! :-)

Aunt Kathy said...

I love your house. It's perfect. I thought the storage for rice and such might be for recycling ... hoping, they are cool. All the built ins are sweet. And then what you've added is just right. I say have the kids get busy with a major art work project you can frame and put up. I can only imagine what is in their heads. I have art work of nieces and children and grandchildren up on the walls plus Gar's art and scores from the DI and Goodwill. But you've just got the house plenty of time to fill it with fun stuff. Love your blog. Aunt Kathy