Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ruby’s First Haircut

My girl’s hair finally grew after all those months when she was a baby and was so bald. She had a long mullet stage too that was pretty funny-looking, but one day she somehow turned into this big girl with long golden locks. I’m not really into doing her hair so much. A little clip or headband here, a ponytail there, but mostly a bun to get us to bath time. I think her free spirit prefers it that way anyway. Well, I decided a while ago that it was time for a trim, but as silly as it sounds, I’ve been too lazy to go through all the falderal of the first haircut to do it. You know, taking pictures, saving the hair and all. But today I decided that was dumb, and just put her on the front porch and got to it. I just wanted to even out the ends that were all different lengths from her babyhood. Sad to think that one of those hairs might have been on her head the day she was born! I don’t think anyone would notice the trim but me, but I wasn’t going for a new style. I like that I don’t have to do much with her hair, and that is the way it is going to stay as long as I have a say in things. But even with that little inch or so off the bottom, she does look older, and that’s kind of sad. But I will say it was a much easier experience than when I cut the boys’ hair a couple years ago for the first time. IPods are a helpful tool. In fact, while I had the stuff out, I just when ahead and gave everyone a fresh cut. The fact that everyone got done in less than 45 minutes without a tear shed, or me yelling at anyone makes me happy.

Before:

289

293292296297

After:299303

I didn’t get a very good “after” picture. The girl was outta there! It doesn’t look much different anyway. But we girls know that a cut doesn’t have to look different to feel great, am I right?

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

A trim always makes me feel fantastic. She is lovely and the guys handsome. You're a good barber.

Unknown said...

This is so exciting! A kid's first haircut even if it is just a trim is such a milestone. I am sure there will be many more!