Tuesday, August 13, 2013

3 Days turned into 3 Weeks: Week 2

Alright, I’m losing steam. Let’s see how concise I can be.

The kids winding down after returning home from Bear Lake. Cute how they’re all accidentally dressed alike.738

I was able to attend Baby Piper’s blessing! Such a doll, that baby. She looked angelic in her white dress, and Nicole and Casey  looked so happy. I’m glad I got to be there.742741

The car was in serious need of interior/exterior cleaning after a a road/beach/camping trip. The kids were a little helpful. Just a little. 743

We opted to mostly eat-in for our sister’s dinners this trip. Things were so crazy, it was nice to just be at home. And what is more delicious than crispy wedge salads and garden fresh vegetables?!758

Just my cute morning girl rocking her kitty to sleep.761

Mom and Dad bought a swing set for the grandkids. That thing will get a LOT of use. It already has! My kids couldn’t stop asking when it would be done. 769

We went up AF canyon as often as we could. It is only 5 minutes from my parents’ house. I took living so close to this for grated while growing up. My kids are just in heaven up there.290286Little smokies are perfect for little roasters.293791335 775783796798799800801807812809815Perfect.817828831318

A lot of people take a daily hike on the Timp Cave trail, including my mom and dad, and Amber occasionally comes along. I joined them a few mornings. LOVE that workout. So much more fun that running. And such a gorgeous place. 767

I was excited to be there for the Pioneer Day festivities! We went to Highland Glen Park (Better known as Adventure and Learning Park to those of us that grew up there), and enjoyed the beautiful weather and great little reservoir. The kayak was a hit, yet again. After the park, we went back home to eat the traditional Navajo tacos. Such a heavenly meal. I love that I’ve eaten it several times this summer. Never gets old. 844846853855861867873866877So tired, they slept through part of the fun. 880While the oil was hot from the tacos, I thought, why not make some doughnuts? Old-fashioned to be exact.886

I was ready to get the kids down to bed, when I heard this commotion outside. Dad set it up and the kids were having the time of their lives. 891897900924Even the older girls got into it.336338340

It had just been too much for one day to keep the kids up for fireworks. But I heard them going off and went to the deck to see. There were dozens of firework shows going on all over the valley, including the neighbors! Fireworks are fun. I forgot that.501

I also made apple fritters. Those things are dangerously good when they’re hot. 943

We spent a morning at Seven Peaks. There is a great kid area, and Ruby couldn’t get enough of the big slides! She cried and cried when I told her she couldn’t ride one again (which I was even nervous to go down) because we had to leave.954956958

After, we made a pit stop at Drew’s for some baby and pizza. 962963

Later that day we hit the Dinosaur Museum. Ruby worked on this little arrangement for quite a while. 974

Race time! I signed up for the Pionner Day Classic 10k with Mom, Dad, Drew, and Amber. Others were running Half Marathons, or caring for newborns. The kids slept at Grandma and Grandpa Robinson’s the night before, since the race was in their neighborhood. We ran right by their house! It was a killer, that Goliath Hill, for the fist 1.5 miles. I kind of wanted to die for a second. But I kept on going, and ended up being first in my age group! In fact everyone in our group, including Amber’s friend Heather, placed. It was hard, and fun. It was nice of the Robinsons to bring the kids to the after-party. They got to have all the treats, play on a bouncy thing, and even some face painting! A fun morning.

The 10Kers506

The 5Kers507508516Post-race519526522539544

Ruby was begging to run through the finish line. 549And I scored this. Best way to refuel, so they say.550

We had a little bbq with the fam after. I was craving a steak bad. And it was good.979981986

Sunday, after a crazy church meeting, we went to play at the Robinson’s. Camille was in town from Hawaii! All the cousins together for the first time! Such an adorable bunch.99799910011006101010121011

One more week to go! I love reliving all these awesome times as I write about them.

No comments: