Saturday, November 25, 2006

We're fryin' again!



Well I am happy to say that the turkey was fantastic! KC was the designated fry cook for the day and did a great job. It was a little rainy which makes for a very unsafe frying situation. So we made a covering of sorts and it worked okay. It took only one hour for the turkey to be fried to perfection with crispy golden brown skin. I am converted to fried turkey. It is very dangerous and we had to keep the kids at a safe distance at all times. So Thanksgiving went off without a hitch and the weird thing is, we only turned on the oven for about and hour to bake a couple things. I was right in my anticipation to buy more oil. KC and Jake went and bought a 4 1/2 gallon jug at BJs. We didn't use all of it, but we wanted to be sure. Everything tasted great! Last night the leftovers were great as well. And now that Thanksgiving is over I can listen to all the Christmas music I want. It has begun! Christmas cards are done, my winter cold is here (it was inevitable), and we are making lists of presents. We have yet to get a tree, but Black Friday weekend rushes are not my kind of fun, so we'll wait.

2 comments:

Matt said...

The turkey was totally good. It's funny how you remember things differently. I swear I used to eat plates and plates (and plates!) of food on Thanksgiving. Eating and Eating for hours. But now, I can eat for about 11 minutes, and I'm full.

Everything was delicious though. I rolled a left-overed-sandwich on Saturday. Participants included: rye bread, mayo, turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, salt and pepper. It was excellent!

scott said...

Great essay on Sudoku. I have been doing them for years. They appear in my Variety Puzzle books as "To The Nines. It is only in the last year or two that they were named Sudoke in Japan and are now a worldwise craze. Julia is doing them too. Thanks for your comment on my Blog. I hope to add thoughts frequently.