Monday, January 01, 2007

Makin' it to heaven in 2007!

You may wonder what that corny phrase is I have in the title. When KC and his friends were in college they started making mottoes for the year. For example "Lookin' for more in 2004", "Stayin' alive in 2005", "Get in the mix in 2006". There aren't set rules to this. You can really make up anything you want as long as it rhymes. It's silly but kind of cute. Anyway, I guess we have to try to make it to heaven this year, until I can think of something else to do in 2007.

Well Christmas went well. We were greeted with very warm welcomes by both families and had a great time catching up with everyone. My highlight was seeing my little nieces and nephew that are growing up so fast. I grew up with them and now that I'm not there all the time, they have changed a lot. I'm glad they still remember me, but I couldn't get enough videos of them. Especially Allyson since she's most likely not going to remember me next time I return. They are so cute. I do love my nephews here though. They make me laugh all the time. Any of the three of them says or does something at least once every five minutes that make KC and me laugh so hard.

We had to fly home the day after Christmas and I was a little bummed. that day is relaxing and picking up wrapping paper. But I have to say the non-stop flight was great, and there weren't even that bad of lines at the airport. I also saw a good friend of mine at the same baggage claim in Maryland. So I had an okay day after all. Oh yeah, KC and I also got to give our gifts to eachother which was also something to look forward to. I am constantly using my very soft electric blanket that KC got for me and I am always listening to my cool, tiny (mom will tell you the size of a Triscut, while I think it's half that size.) Ipod Shuffle. I am totally in now. I love it. KC's fun presents are coming up on his birthday, so now I have to switch gears and start thinking about that. It's this month!

Before Christmas we were asked to be a part of the live nativity at the Washington DC visitor's center on December 30th. So we tried to stay in the Christmas spirit until then. We went to the front desk where they took us to the back to get into costume. KC had a fake beard applied to his face and it was a little creepy. We had to go over the music track a couple times and go through the short set of action they had us learn. It was only about 7 minutes long or something, but we did it about 9 times before the next set of "actors" showed up. It was really fun, and we could hear the boys saying funny things. It was hard not to laugh. It was a nice way to end the season and Matt took some good pictures. I'm even considering framing one for our house. I hope everyone had a great holiday season and is now having a great times cleaning up all the decorations. I haven't even started yet! (Not that there's much to put away.)

5 comments:

Cami said...

You should totally frame one! You guys looked great!

Corinne said...

i love that you guys did the nativity thing. VERY cool

mylittlegems said...

Emily, that is so darn cool that you got to be in that. I remember the VC in AZ on the mission and they did some similar things. how fun cousin sharla

Joni said...

Hi Emily! I've been lurking around reading your blog:) Jeff and I were asked to do that as well before we had Leah. We were not nearly so good and somehow we begged off. I think the idea of having people stare at us and having to stand in the cold were just too much! You guys look great.

mylittlegems said...

OK- the 2007 thing is kind of cool - I think that is funny that your husband does that every year.
I told Grandpa how to start a blog and I hope he does start one, because that would great- he has just wisdom- anyway- I'm cutting Landon's hair. It is crazy- long.
So look for pics of his "big-boy" hair coming soon.
sharla