What's been weighing on my mind lately:
- What stroller to get. Whether to get one that costs about $200 that might be crappy, or one that costs $1,000, and hope that it's worth what we paid, and everything in between.
- What car seats to get.
- The layout of the nursery, and all that I want to buy for it not wanting it to be over-crowded, but very functional at the same time.
- What van to get and how much we think we could get for my car (that I love and I am very sad to sell.)
- The invaluable rocking chair that I'll spend hours upon hours in.
- What to put on a registry (seriously, it's kinda hard to know.)
- What extras to buy (bumbos, boppies, swings, bouncers, moses baskets, pack-n-plays, etc.) without having regrets that they just take up space after only being used for a few months.
- How many thousands of dollars all of these things (plus hundreds of other things I haven't mentioned) will cost us.
Normal new parent questions and concerns, right? But that is just what's on my mind TODAY! Everyday something new creeps in and gets jotted down one place or another. And I feel like once I've decided on something and I can finally check it off, I have second thoughts and I'm back at square one. I've heard about a lot of things that have worked for people, or things they swear by, but we're trying to figure out just what we'll need for our unique situation. Who knows, maybe most decisions will have to wait until the babies are here and we can see just what specific needs need to be met. We still have time, but my excitement seems to be hindered by my feelings of unpreparedness, so we better get crackin'.
Bottom line is, these decisions big or small, mean babies are on the way, and that always makes me smile, and sometimes cry at the same time. Lately a song that has been coming into my head lately in "Beautiful Mess" by Diamond Rio (thank you Jonny for introducing me years ago.) And I bet that will be the theme of my life for years to come. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes, but these babies already have me wrapped around all 30 of their little fingers. I wouldn't have it any other way.