Sunday, January 10, 2010

Picture update

I am glad to finally get this posted. It only took me about 5 hours staring at 4 am with a few breaks to feed and hold babies. Whew. Of course, now I have a million more pictures to sort through since all these were downloaded, but I'll get around to posting the rest when I get back to Maryland along with some highlights of the trip. Here's what's been going on around here.

Christmas: It was so fun to be here with family to celebrate their first Christmas. I'm sure if we were home, there wouldn't really be a break from the daily grind to do anything festive, so I'm very glad we came to Utah. Bennett and I did have to make a run to the Instacare for an ear infection on Christmas Eve, but he was resting well with Tylenol and antibiotics after that. Since the babies were a little high-maintenance that day, the family held the traditional fondue at Cami's house. My mom and Grandma took care of Bennett and Ruby, while I took Alex to join the fun, the lucky boy. How easy it was to only have one baby! I'm so glad I got to party with everyone. And it seemed the babies wanted to stay up to see if Santa would arrive that night because they kept waking up through most of it with KC's sisters Nicole, Camille, and me. I was pretty out of it most of the day. But it was memorable, as least. And they did look cute in their new Christmas pj's.


The Blessing Day: We decided to go ahead with their blessing here since entire families on both sides were able to make it. Who knows when that will happen again. And we don't want to take them to church until at least the cold winter months are over. So, it was an extremely special experience for us. I used to listen to blessings in church and wonder if KC would ever get to bless children of his own. The babies were complete angels, seriously not a peep from one of them the entire evening, and so alert for everyone to admire. This was surprising to everyone, with their fussy habits around that time. Prayers were definitely answered. And you'd be surprised how much organization even goes into an event at home. Feedings, baths, and getting dressed were all carefully planned and timed to make sure everything turned out as well as possible. I couldn't have asked for a better night to have my children blessed with my loved ones around me. And the bonus is that KC and I got to slip away for a night at the Salt Lake Hilton. A serious luxury. Of course the babies were all screaming as we were leaving, making me want to cancel the whole thing, but my mom assured us everything was fine. I wanted to call to check up on things about 5 times before we were even 10 minutes away, but they called soon after to tell us that all was well. What great families we have. A day to remember for sure.

Everything else: Our days are pretty much filled with feeding, rocking, burping, smiles, movies, hot-tubbing, visitors, family, getting our once in a while, and hopefully naps for adults and babies. Also My sister Amber had her baby boy Brady several weeks earlier than expected, but after only a few days in the nicu he is home at last! I am so glad I got to see him. Enjoy!

Other notable albums:

Melody's pics of Christmas Eve.


Lili's pictures of Christmas (She thought it would be funny to put those horrendous pictures of me in her slide show, but oh well, it's true to life I suppose.)


KC's Mom's pictures.

Matt's pictures of the blessing.

(Thanks for the pics everyone.)

There are dozens of videos that I'd also like to get posted, but again, another time.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute, cute pictures. Darling babies! I would have been freaking out leaving my one baby. It always feels good to go out even if it is hard to leave.

Unknown said...

such cute little babes! love them thanks for the picture update! oh and how nice to get to go have alittle night out the two of you!

melody said...

Jonny and I just looked at every single picture. Now we wish we were holding the babies. Tomorrow...

Jann said...

They are getting so big already. What a fun time you have had with your family.

Woods said...

oh my gosh, they're so cute!! I can't believe how much they have grown! I can't wait to come hold them!!

Wishing 4 One said...

What great pics!

I actually got to your blog just now by doing a "different IVF protocols" Google search. Which brought me to your informative IVF webinar back awhile and then clicked on your homepage.

I have so much hope, and have been saying 2010 is my year. My hope is always increased when i read blogs like yours. Its a long nasty road sometimes, ok most of the time-but if it is meant to be it will be.

Congratulations on your wonderful little ones. Oh and thanks for that great post back in the day too.

Unknown said...

What darling babes you have! Love all the pictures, I still wish I would have been able to down and see the little bundles in person!

Sarah said...

So a few things -
1. Those are the cutest babies
2. Love the blessing outfits
3. I know Amber's friend Heather - we work with her every once in a while.
4. So cute that Julia got three babies for Christmas - two boys and a girl even! I am still laughing that she put them up her shirt