Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I’m going to stop apologizing for posting so many pictures, because it’s just going to keep happening.

Last night was much better. Now I can get a post together instead of trying to sleep in every spare moment.

The New Year celebration was great fun over here. We had a lovely spread of hors d’oeuvres. The Ribeiras are to thank for the stuffed, fried olives, and the coconut chicken. I could’ve eaten my weight in those. Everything I contributed was pre-made, but hey, I have three babies. I’m not as adventurous in my culinary endeavors as I used to be. Good thing Jeff is here to make up for where I lack.IMG_8213IMG_8214IMG_8217IMG_8218

There’s nothing like a serenade from Daddy to help cheer you up, eh Alex?035037

Mr. Bennett is finally deciding that it’s pretty fun to be on two feet. Steps are yet to be taken. Alex, now it’s your turn.006

The cute shirts we got at the NICU Christmas party.013

Ha! I got you again, Lili. And Penny too!049

There’s no end to the fun you can have with babies.004001Okay, maybe there is.023

Ruby’s favorite reading place. I think she likes the privacy. And don’t worry, she has a diaper on.026IMG_8244

These boys, on the other hand, do not. (I know the tv is on a lot, but it’s a great distraction tool while changing diapers and clothes. When you have triplets, and one wants to play with the poopy diaper you just took off someone else, and another one is climbing on your back, you’ll understand.)

BIMG_8326IMG_8335

AIMG_8243IMG_8241

Ruby is quite the girly-girl. She LOVES her pettiskirt we got from my talented cousin Sara’s Etsy shop, with a gift certificate from my Grandma. Thanks to both of you!IMG_8250IMG_8256

What is so fun about the storm door? They seriously cry every time someone closes the door before they get a chance to play here. IMG_8260Alex wants to put an end to the fun.IMG_8259

Time for pigtails again. She looks way too old for me.IMG_8287IMG_8288IMG_8290

The boys were jealous while she was getting her hair done, they needed some combs to feel included.IMG_8278

One drawback of having your sister live with you: you think every night is an occasion to make a treat. We were feeling oatmeal chocolate chip pizzookies this night. IMG_8231

This is where they can usually be found when I’m in the kitchen. Sometimes all three of them crowd there and whine at me until their food is ready. Lovely. At least they were happy on this occasion. I’m sure I’ll miss this cooking audience one day. IMG_7908IMG_7921IMG_7925

Next up, videos. But I’ll save that for tomorrow, as this post was quite lengthy. That’s just what happens when you have lots of kids and lots of photo-ops.

13 comments:

Drew said...

Those bum pictures!!! Hilarious. *dies*

Cluff Family said...

I need Lili's coconut chicken recipe!! Such darling babies.

Anonymous said...

Nothing cuter than naked babies.

Oh, and I'm with the Cluff Family. I want the recipe!

Karlene said...

LOVE the pictures! I'm actually envious! I know it's exhausting but you make it look like so much fun!

Janice said...

Baby bums, tiptoes, pettiskirts, Ruby's boots - I love them all. Lots of pictures are wonderful. You do make it look like a happy place, and I know it is.

Cami said...

Awesome. Good bum shots. Love Ruby's little reading spot.

Molly said...

Ruby looks like your little twin:)She is always dressed so dang cute- I love those boots of hers and her pigtails! Too cute:0) I miss being close to you guys, your babies are growing up too fast. I also love the bum pics. Those boys are too cute for words!

melody said...

Oh please, we LOVE the pictures. I think Ruby's little spot on top of the ottoman lid is hilarious. The bum pics are great. And the post before with the mixed up jammies is the best.

I also love the pic of Lili and Penny. Ha!

And yes - I agree that living upstairs from an awesome sister is cause for dessert most every night. I'll just go eat an Andes mint and wish I was enjoying whatever amazing thing you guys most likely are. Bla.

Sarah said...

So cute! I can't believe how big Ruby looks with piggies!
You look beautiful in that picture where you are cheering Bennett on!

Lili and Jeff said...

Ruby's face when she's stuck in the basket is hilarious. They boys hanging out on the gate is so funny. These kids entertain me all day long. Naked babies are the best. There is just something so cute and innocent about it that makes you want to snuggle them.

Also, I can't stop laughing at Pen's face. Jeff says I look like a ventriloquist and she's my dummy. I think she looks like a drunk old lady, and I'm like, "Oh, my child..."

Unknown said...

oh they are all so cute! Kylee and Kamri have those same boots ruby is wearing. so cute!

Amber said...

They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I think we all need to get together and say that you are not allowed to post pics of food if you don't also post the recipe!!!! Please post recipes . I need that ice cream banana thing.

The bum pics are too much cuteness!

Kelly Gish