Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Fourth

We enjoyed a low key Independence day this year. I did a lot of thinking about this great country and how very thankful I am to be living here. We unfortunately didn’t attend any events where we saluted the colors, but I did keep my patriotism in my heart throughout the day. And my little flag-wearing babies served as a constant reminder as well.

A

IMG_1188

BIMG_1199

IMG_1206

So like I said, pretty low key. Just went to the store, and played at the tennis courts during the day.010_thumb

Then tried to cool down after playing outside in the crazy heat.IMG_1213_thumbIMG_1222

And popsicles helped with that.IMG_1238_thumb

B

IMG_1241

A

IMG_1251

IMG_1253

Not pictured are the amazing , thick steaks we grilled for dinner, and the homemade strawberry banana ice cream we had for dessert, and the great friends that joined us. It was warm, delicious, entertaining, and most importantly FREE summer day.

2 comments:

Tracie Frost said...

Love those tiny kid-size popsicles. Where did you get them?

melody said...

Things can't help but be festive with three flag-wearing babies running around. Maybe someday we'll all go camping together on the 4th? That would be so so way awesin.