Thursday, July 07, 2011

This ever happen to you?

Do you ever finally decide to tackle the several loads of laundry that you’ve been staring at for a couple days, and another two or so loads of dirty laundry are created as the morning goes on? Well, that’s what’s been happening around here today, along with many other monstrous messes and to-do lists. How can one possibly keep up?! (I think some serious movie watching is in order while I fold the mountain of laundry tonight.) Chatting with my parents after the cruise about the craziness that three one year olds can be, my mom told me that there is one thing that would make my life much easier: Someone to come clean the bathroom, kitchen, and floors once a week. Sounds like a plan to me! Then I might have time to do the other million things my life demands. It only takes but a few hours for everything that I’ve used all my extra energy to clean and organize to be undone, and possibly look worse than it did before. Really, there is never a dull moment in this little home of ours. But I LOVE my kids and my life, messes and all.

Anyway, that is probably the reason that blogging has been the last things on my plate lately. It’s just not like me to go so long between posts. We’ve been busy getting back into our groove I guess. The kids have provided us with good mixture of chaos and hilariousness lately (thank goodness it isn’t all chaos, cause those times drive me to the brink of insanity). I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think of things for my crew to do during this hot summer, and there just really aren’t a lot of places I can take them alone, or even for KC and me to take them together. The novelty of riding in the stroller or a cart is definitely wearing off. Yikes! But we do manage to stay entertained/sane somehow despite this tricky stage we are in. I’ll show you:

We hit some great sales while shopping with Mom and Dad before they left. 003

Dad was kind enough to be on baby-duty in the play place while we shopped. 005

My parents also gave us the idea to take the kiddos to the tennis courts down the street to play. Why hadn’t I thought of that?! They are contained, and safe, and they love it! It does get hot, so we try to go in the morning when a bit of it is shaded, and the temperature hasn’t peaked yet. We just brings squirt bottles and spray them down now and then. They love that too.018026028

Ruby, just being her cute little self.043051

Bennett loves the camera, and the camera loves his bed-head.038

Alex likes to push the boundaries. Instead of climbing into his seat, he thought Ruby’s tray was a much better idea.066

Their favorite new eating game is “dip-it”. I can get them to eat things they normally might not care for if they can dip it into something. Ketchup is a favorite, but we have also had broccoli with ranch dressing, and French toast sticks with syrup. Of course, they eat a lot of the dip alone, but that’s part of the fun.089092IMG_1279IMG_1287

Who wouldn’t be happy with smoothies, and blue chairs to play on? These kids are pretty easy to please (most of the time--don’t even talk to me about the boys after their nap. Can we say CRANKY?!)IMG_1271

And Lili is always a great playmate, eh Alex?IMG_1274IMG_1278

See, we try our best to stay busy. Things are pretty much ho-hum over here. Well, as ho-hum as they can be with triplets+cousin Penny yanking on your clothes, making messes, and running around like crazies all days long.

6 comments:

Karlene said...

Soooo many cute pictures!In Bennett's bed head pic he looks like Nicole! (not the hair Nicole, just the face:D

Tracie Frost said...

I love those pictures of them in their booster seats. Dip-it sounds like a fun game. We played, "get mommie to take a bit before you eat" tonight, and it doesn't sound near as fun!

Lili and Jeff said...

This particular round of pictures was extremely cute. I love these ones the best: Boys laughing through tennis net, Ruby & Alex squished on chair, Ruby laying on the ground, and of course, Alex tangled in the hair of yours truly. More pictures, please.

melody said...

Yes, Bennett does look like Nicole in that picture! I love the long hair on the boys. Makes me sad we just cut Gabe's. Wish we could join you at the tennis court!

No, I really really do wish we could.

Cami said...

OH my word, I hear you about the laundry. I keep up on washing it, but not folding, so suddenly I have like 8 loads to fold. It's been like that for the last month. I just CAN'T keep up.

I could never get my kids to dip.

Jane has ALL the clothes Ruby is wearing.

Oh, I want someone to come clean my bathrooms.

Very fun. They are poopy heads.

Ryan and Keiry said...

Your kiddies are so cute! You might want to try taking them to Ikea because they have a lot of places for the little ones to play, and it's air conditioned! I haven't gone with my little guy myself, but a friend of mine goes with her baby and she says that the baby loves it. Just a suggestion!