Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Frozen Hot Chocolate on a Hot Day.

I always forget that we are just around the corner from DC. I’m not a city/crowds/late night kinda girl (call me boring if you want,but I probably get more done by 9 am than many do all day), so we don’t venture downtown all that much anymore, but it’s fun to hop on the Metro, or drive through all those crazy streets now and then. When planning a double date with some friends, they mentioned that there is now a Serendipity in Georgetown! I was all over that. Who doesn’t want to try the famous Frozen Hot Chocolate?! So last night, after about four reschedulings, we finally made a plan to meet up.

We made the quick drive (okay, with lights, it’s not as quick as I would like, but still) to Georgetown. That place is just crawling with young hipsters. It’s amazing that even on a Monday night, there were so many people enjoying all that M Street has to offer. I love people watching downtown. It’s such a different life than I’ll ever know. People carrying their few bags of groceries for several blocks to their city apartment, meeting up with friends every single night for drinks, most wearing significantly less than I would--you know, things like that. I used to work on M street, so being there brought back some fond memories of my time spent there. I like being the suburban type, but love living so near to a big city that I can soak in a little of the lifestyle now and then.

Serendipity was charming. Very quirky, as is the style with most things these days. The menus were bigger than the tiny tables, and full of amazing looking dishes. We all loved our choice of entree, and couldn’t resist getting more than one dessert, as full as were were with rich food. I opted for the Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate, and KC for the Jackpot Sundae. We stuffed ourselves, and still didn’t make it to the bottom of our bowls. I was very pleased, and glad I was finally able to check this place off my list. 011

019

018

We felt the need to walk after our large meals, so we explored a little of our surroundings. Urban Outfitters was across the street, which I was thrilled about, and then we walked along the waterfront. The Kennedy Center looked so beautiful reflecting on the Potomac. An evening well spent with some great friends.023

021

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yay, first comment! That all sounds and looks amazing! It isn't that awesome to venture to our big city of Orem...I guess we can look across Utah Lake to all the houses glowing on the other side! We do however have a place in Lehi that has frozen hot chocolate. It didn't look like yours though...

Molly said...

Thanks for such a fun double date:) I keep telling Andrew we have to go back!