Friday, July 15, 2011

Pudding Painting

It’s always a bit of a challenge finding things to keep these kids happy all day. I’m not the best at coming up with ideas myself, but luckily there is an insane amount of blogs to refer to when I’m at a loss. I remembered a great idea my cousin Sharla put on her blog (along with dozens of other great ideas for keeping tots happy at home-check her out!) to use pudding as finger paint. I just made vanilla instant pudding, added a little food coloring, and Voila! Happy, happy kids. 

We started out with simple designs, and my kids didn’t hesitate to find out how it tasted.IMG_1288

AIMG_1297

BIMG_1332

Penny on the other hand, wasn’t as enthusiastic about this messy idea.IMG_1291

Pretty soon there were colors flying everywhere, and artists were born. We added whipped cream for texture, and used licorice as “paint brushes”. Talk about baby heaven.IMG_1318IMG_1325

Penny eventually came around, but was still her dainty little self.IMG_1327IMG_1336

IMG_1342IMG_1344IMG_1350

It’s going to be fun to research for more playtime ideas. Hopefully they’re not all as messy as this one.

4 comments:

Sian said...

aw they are getting so grown up now! I always have trouble trying to keep my boys occupied at home and there is only 2 of them!

Sarah said...

You may have even posted about this - but have you painted the driveway with water? Kids love that. Maybe they are a little young, but they will like it soon.

Amber said...

Ok, the kids are looking SO old. I can't believe Ruby's chubby face. Katy said they look like real kids now...Pudding paint is always a favorite at preschool. You are a nice mom! I guess I will have to be a nice mom this year since Brady won't just be doing stuff with the preschool kids! I can't even wait until you are here. It gives me butterflies!

melody said...

Blast from the past, seeing that powder puff shirt on one of your boys!