Thursday, August 18, 2011

Glorious Relief

IMG_1723

Funny how mid-to-upper 80 degree days can feel like relief, but around here, we’ll take it! I’ve had a serious itch to take these kids out and about where they can run free and enjoy the traces of good weather we’re having. And I’m so happy to resume our morning walk habit I try to keep up when the weather permits. Call me old or boring, but I love a good walk to start the day. I crave it. And remember when I said I wouldn’t take them around the neighborhood myself due to the, oh, 120+ pounds I have to push around our very hilly neighborhood (our house being at the top of one)? Well, since KC can’t always join us, I got desperate enough to try. And although I resemble The Little Engine that Could at times, it always feels great in the end. The babies are always absolutely delightful (which I’m sure is partially due to the bag of cheerios they each are given). Fresh morning air is just what my body and mind need sometimes. And it’s especially fun when you have such great company.

RIMG_1635

BIMG_1628

AIMG_1626

.IMG_1637IMG_1639

“Twee”.IMG_1642

IMG_1609

I can already smell some hints of fall on the cooler mornings. We are sure to spend a lot more time outside as soon as that wonderful season begins. I’m giddy just thinking about it.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That face Ruby is making looks just like Julia. They must be related. :) I love a good walk!

Marianne said...

It does look like Julia! I'm excited for you to make a trip out here...and I'm not going back to school until Labor Day, so hopefully we can get together!

Unknown said...

I agree with the above statements...those adorable curly locks look so sweet coming out of her little hat.

A morning walk sounds lovely. If you can believe it, our mornings are too cold for any walking without some serious bundling. Enjoy it!!

Amber said...

i just got caught up on your blog! The big pics were hilarious and i loved the video with blankies. The babies look like actual kids now. They are so grown up and i can hardly stand it until next wed! As for the current post, i have actually felt some coolness in the morning a couple times and am looking forward to walking the kids to school and taking a few laps around the cemetery with Brady! In the words of Miss Lane, Morning walks are my one weakness!

Cami said...

I think you just took this picture to show off your awesome bod. Yes, walks are a MUST. Oh, remember how we used to go out on the loop with the boys even though we were DRIPPING? Horrible.