Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Grand Opening!

The day has finally arrived. After many postponed dates, our new Aldi has opened its doors! And you better believe I was there bright as early this morning for the ribbon cutting ceremony. 031There was a small crowd, including some area officials, customers, and news crews. Our mayor, who was handing out quarters to use in the new carts (Aldi carts are dispensed with quarters which you get back when you replace it after shopping). We were disappointed to not have our shopping buddies, Elise and Penny, with us. They are off in California for Christmas. We definitely have many trips together planned in the future.

I was amazed at how big and beautiful the store was. Such a change from the dingy, smelly place that was there before. Everyone was just so happy to be shopping there. Seriously, a two-minute drive for us. And just in time for Christmas. I can always count on a couple last minute store runs when preparing big meals.  032

The stroller drew a lot of attention as usual, and the kids were little gems as we perused the new aisles with all the excited customers. They just munched on their popcorn as we picked up a few things, and just really learned the layout of the new space. There were a lot of manager type people there helps everyone get what they need. The entire staff was very excited and friendly, and even handed out bags of samples as we left the store. Everyone just seemed to be in a cheerful, festive mood. It made for a great little outing this morning.035

It’s one thing when you have a grocery store down the street, but when you have one of your favorite places to shop so close to home, it really makes errands seems so much more enjoyable and productive. I may be acting a little bit too excited about a simple grocery store, but seriously, grocery shopping is my life. I’m sure most of you moms would agree. And I love doing it. I love thinking of new things to make for my family, and it doesn’t hurt that the prices here are awesome.  Ah, the simple pleasures of being a stay-at-home mom.041

5 comments:

Corinne said...

I want to be really happy for you but mostly I'm jealous ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what I would give for an Aldi close by!

Janice said...

Yeah! They did a quick job on the final finish. Seems like there were just barely framed walls when we were there a month ago! This will be such a great convenience for you.

Lili and Jeff said...

Oh how I WISH I had been there! The irony is just insane that it would open the day after I leave... I'm glad you made it, and it looks great inside, be sure to buy lots of maple cookies and Mama Cozi pizzas for when we get back!

But I think the real question here is, do they have double wide carts??

Cami said...

I can't say I love grocery shopping, but I DO love Aldi. I would totally do it if I had one close.