Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Airborne and Aggressive

That stomach bug was deadly! You don’t know HOW MUCH I’ve wanted to push that last post down with something happy and upbeat, but the virus just kept on keepin’ on, leaving little happy material to write about. It seems like anything that crosses its path will get hit over the head with the ugly symptoms within a few days. Is there really no possible way to vaccinate for this? Seriously! It’s miserable.

I was so so glad that the babies were sick before my mom came to town, and that KC and I had seemingly dodged a bullet, as we’d felt queasy for a couple days and thought that was it. Enter Wednesday night, when I spent nearly the entire night , well, you know. A couple days later, it was KC’s turn. I was taking EVERY SINGLE precaution to make sure mom wouldn’t get it, and it was stressing me out of my mind. I was sanitizing EVERTYHING at least hourly, washing my hands as I entered a new room, or touched anything, really, and doing load after load of laundry. I even wore a doctors mask for half a day after my night of fun, until I realized that probably wouldn’t make a difference in the final outcome. It made me feel better about it anyway.  I was obsessed. Well, the evilness was determined to make all my efforts completely moot, and mom got hit with it around Sunday. I’m trying not to hate the world because of it. It’s hard.

Really I wanted to just get this out of the way, so that when I post about my mom’s visit, I wouldn’t dwell at all on any of this nonsense. We did squeeze in some fun between the sick days, and although not all of our plans came to fruition (I wrote down and crossed out so many to-do lists as people got sick then got better, I just got tired of even trying to schedule anything), we tried to make the most of our time together. My mom was so great through it all, and I love being with her, even if it means we have these kinds of memories to look back and laugh/cry about.

So don’t worry, happier entries are coming soon! I think the clouds have finally parted over our little life. And I can’t tell you what a relief that is.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Blech, that's just no good! I hope you all have seen the last of it by now.

Janice said...

I'm so sorry for this crummy bug you all had to endure. Hope it is all behind you now.