Friday, June 29, 2012

Quadruple Extraction

It finally happened. My wisdom teeth have been yanked. It sounds dumb, but this is something I have dreaded my entire life (although, these past couple weeks I’ve done a pretty good job of not thinking about it at all), so I’m feeling a strange sense of relief amidst the pain and numbness as I realize this ordeal is very soon going to be in my past. I had to cut my boot camp workout short this morning (and it’s a good thing since I was sweating like crazy, it being 80 degrees at 6 AM, and I wasn’t allowed to eat or drink anything until after the procedure) to make it to my 8 AM appointment.  I do love being put down for a good drug-induced nap, but waking up to a mouth full of gauze and stitches is not the most refreshing way to wake up. I think I remember asking the staff, “did you guys have fun?” when I woke up, and then asking them if I really asked that when I was slightly more coherent. I kinda wish KC could’ve been back there to record it. Special thanks to Elise for watching the kids for a couple hours, and KC for being the great support he always is, and supplying me with pudding, yogurt and ice cream as I ask for it. I lay here with ice packs on each cheek, finally feeling the Vicodin do its job (or at least taking the edge off-ouch), and still not able to feel anything on my face from my lips down.  Here’s to hoping these next few days of narcotics and soft foods go quickly, and that I won’t look too silly with any swelling that may occur.

5 comments:

Drew said...

O.O That was one of the worst experiences of my life! Some people don't have it so bad, but I felt like my head had been smashed in with a baseball bat. It sounds like you're recouping much better than I did, and I just bet you're so glad it's over.

Jules said...

Eep! I still have all of mine and I dread the day someone tells me to get them taken out. Hopefully your recovery is nice and quick! Enjoy your pudding :)

Janice said...

I wish you a speedy recovery. I wish I was there to play with A, B and R to give you more deserved rest!

melody said...

Ha! That is hilarious that you asked if they had fun. I wonder if they did?? Glad it's over. Hopefully it will be completely over soon.

Sarah said...

I am sure they had lots of fun taking our your wisdom teeth. Good luck on the recovery! That is one of my harder procedures. Good thing you have a nice husband to help you through.