Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I just canceled my Amazon diaper subscription.

Can everyone be happy for me for a minute?! I know I have plenty of “accidents” ahead of me, and taking three newly-trained kids to the potty every time we go somewhere will get a little annoying I’m sure, but I’m in disbelief that my diaper changing days are over. It hasn’t quite hit me yet. It’s been such a big part of my life for three whole years. Crazy.

I just have to say I have the best mom in the world. She and my dad came for a week for their annual conference in DC. I mentioned I was sad they were leaving already (as always), and they figured out a way for her to stay for TWO MORE WEEKS! It just all worked out, so it must have been meant to be. I could really use her right now. I’ve had potty-training B and R looming over me for weeks (while in the hardest part of training Alex, I couldn’t help but feel depressed that I had to immediately go through it all again with two more kids), and I planned on training one kid per month. But with her here, we’re just getting it all done NOW! I’m so happy to have the extra help during this process. Even when I do one at a time, the others are just in the way and demanding in their toddler ways, so it really takes a toll on my fragile nerves. It definitely doesn’t feel like as much of a potty training prison with her here to help out. I’m one thankful mommy.

One day in, Ruby has had a near perfect record from the moment those panties went on! She might like getting those stickers one her chart a little too much, but I’m not complaining! Bennett also had some great successes, but it hasn’t quite figured it out as well as his sister. It will click soon, I’m sure. It’s been a constant state of insanity around here and I’m past exhaustion (mom and I had dessert for dinner as a reward for our hard work today) but I’m used to that by now. Soon we’ll be back to the level of craziness that we’re used to, and that will be lovely.

018

Eating popcorn to make them thirsty for lots of practice.041

Alex think this potty training stuff is great. He’s a pro, but still gets all the perks.045

063

If we get bored here at home, we might just have to bring the potties and go out to lunch somewhere. Sounds like a perfectly normal, rational idea, no?

6 comments:

Janice said...

This is most excellent news! I'm so happy for you and grateful for your mom!

Corinne said...

Um, so this is one of the parts that scares me the VERY MOST. At least it's boys, I guess. I found training them way easier than training Sheely. Partly because of the emotional drama, partly because of the ease of the pee-on-a-bush thing ;)

Sarah said...

Aside from PPD, I think potty training is the worst part of motherhood. So good luck! But so great that your mom is there to help! I am sure you are much more patient than I ever was. YAY for a diaper-free budget! (And yes, soon you will be testing every bathroom in every building you enter - but its not so bad)

Megan Wilson said...

You are seriously amazing! So awesome that your mom is there to help! Potty training takes so much time and energy -- but oh so worth it. Keep up the good work!

Cami said...

Corinne is crazy. I've heard boys are WAY harder, and I can't really speak from TYPICAL experience, but Jane was a breeze compared. Even with her poop phobia. I am SO SO happy for you! Nice job. I am glad it's done soon. I've been in potty training prison for a good month straight before (with no success), so I know how awesome it is for you to be done!! YAY!!

Kira: said...

Awesome! When I left on vacation, only one of them was interested. So thrilled to hear that the other two caught on. Congrats :-)