Saturday, February 26, 2011

Haircuts and Suckers

Bennett’s few stray hairs in his eyes have been bothering me. He still doesn’t have much hair, but enough to need a trim. I decided today was the day. Just like Alex, I set him up in his booster seat for the big event.  This time, veggie straws didn’t seem to be enough to keep my curious boy distracted enough to stay still. Luckily I bought some mini tootsie pops for an occasion such as this. Sticky suckers and little flying hairs aren’t the best combo, but it worked wonderfully. There weren’t really that many hairs to cut. Just a little snip here and there. I didn’t want to cut off all his baby curls, of course, but just even it out and clean it up. Quite the handsome fellow, if I do say so.

Before:012016019021

During:032025026

After:042040039035

His little hairs have been bagged, labeled, and placed in his keepsake box.048

And as hard as we tried to keep the other kids away, they wouldn’t have it. And as soon as they saw the delectable sucker Bennett was thoroughly enjoying, they had to have one for themselves. This was their first experience with candy, and it will definitely come in handy when absolutely necessary, but will only be used for very special occasions until they are a bit more responsible with those sticky fingers. 028030034

6 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Eep! He looks so old! For some reason haircuts do that. But He looks very handsome indeed. I love the sucker pictures!

Unknown said...

ah, the first haircut. combined with suckers. yikes. cute kids.

Lili and Jeff said...

OOOH they love it! Ahhh Bennett.

Lili and Jeff said...

That was not Elise and Jeff. That was me, your MOm. I don't know why . . .

Cami said...

HA! He is cute. Seriously, I ought to at least have TRIED a sucker for my boys when I cut their hair. They didn't have a sucker until they were like 5. Awesome.

Amber said...

Cute little man! I found that suckers are necessary for airplanes and road trips. Those sucker pictures were the baste!