Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Holiday Season is Here!

I guess I had a happy Halloween. Can you if you didn't really do any traditional Halloween activites. With our back door entrance we didn't get any trick-or-treaters, we didn't have any costumes, and didn't go to any parties. We did, however, get the makings for caramel apples and watched "The Changeling" thanks to my brother and his wife. It actually set the Halloween mood when I thought it would just come and go. I used to love Halloween. It was almost my favorite holiday. I loved seeing what shows would come on at night during the season like: "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", or "The Worst Witch" ("Anything can happen on Halloween, a dog could turn into a cat." We used to sing that all the time.) I even liked watching a little "Casper the Friendly Ghost" during the season . But my favorite thing about it is the upcoming Holiday season. Thanksgiving is an out-of-work chef's favorite holiday in my opinion. It's an excuse to really put those culinary skills to use. And I'm all about traditions, but there are so many dishes at Thanksgiving dinner, no one will care if you add another new one here and there. I'm already making a list of new things I want to try this year. It's always hard to decide. I'll just save the recipes I don't use for Christmas.

6 comments:

Corinne said...

I want you to make MY Thanksgiving dinner :)

Matt said...

I just want you to BE at my thankgiving dinner. xo

Cami said...

I want you to come to my HOUSE and make my thanksgiving dinner. . . is that asking too much??

melody said...

Um, could you ship a Thanksgiving dinner to Utah as well?

Lili and Jeff said...

Psh, thanks a lot everyone, for even considering asking ME to make your Thanksgiving dinner... You guys are all heartless... Emily, you are more than welcome to come and eat my dinner that I am making for thanksgiving. It is going to be some 88 cent pasta and prepackaged iceburg lettuce! Delish! Just kidding. You should atleast send us some delicious something or other! We never get to partake in your culinary skills! you spoiled Marylanders!

Matt said...

Elise, I want you to DRAW my thanksgiving dinner.