Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This year we're fryin'!

Yesterday as I was making preparations for Thanksgiving (so far two pies are made and everything is ready to go tomorrow), I thought about every year where I set the oven timer for 4 or 5 hours and checking it every 30 minutes to baste the big bird. I know it's traditional and festive but I always like to try something new, so I went and bought TURKEY FRYER! I found a great deal, as they can be very expensive and can't wait to try it. I had to buy a lot of peanut oil and am anticipating making a last minute run to the store for more. Let's hope not. I tried so hard to do my shopping in advance since the store was insane, but I was surprisingly patient. I think we can all get a little crabby in long lines. Anyway, the greatest thing about frying that I know without actually doing it yet, or eating it (which I am really looking forward to) is it is only a fraction of the time it takes to roast. I'm really hoping this works because I can't ruin a 19 lb. turkey which is what I'm told I have to work with. I'll write about how it turns out.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

You're a BRAVE woman. I can't wait to hear how it turns out!