Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Me...decorating?

Well, as we're going to stay in this apartment another year, I have decided to do what I can to make this place less drab. I've gotten new clocks, more frames for the walls, a bookcase for the living room, some pictures enlarged for the walls, a little art, and even Christmas decorations. It sounds silly that I'm getting all excited about all of this, but in a place this small, any change is a big one. Anybody that will come over won't even notice it, but that's not what it's for. It's for me. I never did anything before because I thought we didn't have room, but I've found ways. It's been really fun for me, and anyone who really knows me, knows this is a big deal for me too. I am a minimalist first of all, so buying things to just look at, seemed silly to me. The I started to notice how others homes were, and felt the warmth and creativity that was there. Guess which of these two clocks I bought. Okay, I'll tell you, I bought one similar to the one on the right. It's not the exact one but close enough. I think KC might wanted the Homer clock, but I didn't even consider it. He pretty good at helping me with my developing decorating skills, so I think he would agree that there isn't a place for Homer in our tiny apartment. I just thought it was funny. I also bought some DVDs to add to our non-collection (because we hardly have any). It's fun to make a house a home, especially when you are new to having your own space. Well, it's fun now, but I might have to hire somebody when I have a whole house because this is about all I can handle right now.

4 comments:

Matt said...

If you plan anything BIG and need any of my tools, you're welcome to them. (Table saw, drill press, jig saw etc etc). Also, my truck is available anytime.

Maybe you guys should get a clapper for your decorative lights.

Corinne said...

I remember mine and Clint's first place. It was so thrilling when I finally made it feel like our own. Congrats!

Cami said...

I am totally not a decorator, and I guess it took me about 5 years to buy decorations for the sake of decorations, but doesn't it feel good to find out who you are?? I'm sure when you get your own house you will be ready to take it on!

Matt said...

I'd also like the homer clock. Maybe KC needs a den. In the laundry room there, one of the corners could be converted to a den. You know it would rock...