Thursday, June 14, 2007

Are you here in America?!

That is what Amber asked me when I was talking to her on the way home from the airport today. I guess Maryland is far enough be considered another country to her. Funny how she can make you laugh before you can even get a word in.

Anyway, I have spent the last few days in Southern California with the Robinson clan and we did so many great things. Of course I don't have my camera usb to load any pictures right now, but when I do next week, I will narrate all the fun we had through the pictures. That way I won't leave anything out. I took pictures of everything. It's kind of turning into a bad habit. I already took a million of the little baby Julia I came to Utah to see, and I've been here less that eight hours. I love her so much already. She is was beautiful and alert and patient with all her admirers (so are her parents). I can't wait to see her other little personality traits that come out while I am here.

KC is still in California and is leaving to go back to MD tomorrow morning. I'm sad that he's not here with me now as I get ready for bed. It's funny that only a couple posts down I was writing the exact same thing about his business trip. At least it has given me a reason to want leave Utah where I have so many people to be with and no work or church responsibilities (no wonder we love vacations so much.). Wherever my KC is, is where I'll go. Soon things will be all normal again. Until then, I'll enjoy this vacation and talk to hims many times a day via cell phone.

I told myself that this trip was going to be one that I do something I wouldn't normally do at home. We'll see what that turns out to be. Maybe I'll come back with a shaved head.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Ooooh, shaved head? Awesome. How about a pierced nose. Why don't you stay up late and sleep in? That will work.

melody said...

Yes, I will be happy for you to be back with KC but we are SO HAPPY that you are here for the weekend. Let's all do something different, shall we? (Maybe we could style my hair or something crazy like that!?? Imagine me with no ponytail!)

Sarah said...

how long are you here for? Do I get to see you too?

mylittlegems said...

i love your opening photo on your blog- on the beach- it is so cute-

Amber said...

You made a bracelet at least! Have you ever done that before? At least you got to do one new thing!