Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A good kind of chaos

Whenever I leave the house for more than a day, I like to leave it perfectly clean so that when I come back from a hectic day of traveling, I can relax in my serene living space, and think about nothing but recovering from the trip. This time that is not the case. I kept forgetting that I was coming home to a different space. I knew it in the back of my mind, but it hadn't quite set in until KC took me through the front door instead of walking through the gate, around the back, and down the steps. It was all very strange. I walked in to a dish drainer and clothes in my living room, toiletries in the guest room, and the microwave cart in the dining area(and this doesn't even begin to describe how strewn about things are. I had to make a walking path into the kitchen). All of these things begging for a place to belong. But this is exactly what I asked for. I just wanted everything everywhere, so I could put it exactly where I want it, and not have to search forever for simple things like toothpaste, although I still had to. I couldn't stop telling KC I was so overwhelmed. In a good and crazy way. Coming back from such a wonderful trip, to such a big change and so much to do. I'm also overwhelmed by the many hands that did all this work. KC showed me a closet that our littlest helpers filled up from a closet downstairs that they were instructed to clean out and relocate in another closet upstairs. I perfect job for kids. They arranged things so cute that it will be hard to change it, although, I did have slightly different plans for that space. We were truly blessed with all the helpers that came over. Thanks again. You are invited to the housewarming for sure.

So, even though this is not how I usually like to come home from a long trip, it is a good challenge, and I am pretty excited to tackle it. And to be here with KC again feels so good. I was crying like a baby when I had to leave my family, but I belong here with my love, there it no doubt about that. I was like a giddy little girl when I wrapped my arms around him. I just love that he's just a few feet from me right now.

Okay, I promise I will recap the trip (I know you are all dying with suspense), just as soon as I can find time and energy to do so.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck unpacking and replacing everything. I know what you are going through. When we came back from Hawaii things were that way in our house. And, I will be able to sympathize with you in about a month or two.

Cami said...

I feel the same way about the recap. I did such a lame excuse for a blog about it. Ah well.

Good luck with organization. Can't wait to see your new place! Let me know if I can help. I am not so much of an invalid as I seem!

melody said...

Good to know you are home safe! You are so good at finding just the right places for things, I am sure you will have that place put together before too long at all. Wish I could be there to help! (Really, I do. Organizing a new space is one of my very favorite things to do. Luckily, I am still doing a little of it over here.)

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good trip! Now you get to make your house exactly the way you want it! How fun to get more space to work with!

Woods said...

I'm so glad you have such a good guy to go home to. I hope the unpacking goes well. Tell us some of your organizing tips!!

Susan said...

I'm glad nothing was broken, especially in the closet :)

Glad you're back, good luck getting settled!